Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody got a Palm Treo 750 that they have managed to get the bluetooth on the audio system working ?. If so can you tell me how. Mine recognises the audio and the audio recognises the palm but when I try to bond it does not.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Got mine working with a Blackberry but when you select Phonebook you can't use the remote to scroll through, you have to use the buttons on the radio.. wierd.

·
Registered
50 Posts
hi wigga

if you do a search on fords web site there should be a phone compatibility list

you will be suprised to see some big phones missing from there i.e. the noika N95

·
Registered
108 Posts
No issues with any of my sony ericsson phones - w800, w580 & w960... all work a treat!

I do however, have issues with people not hearing me when i use the bluetooth... the mic needs to be a little more sensitive or located nearer to the driver - thats ford doing a universal location for LH/RH drive i suppose!

No answers for wigga - but i didnt see the tero in the list....

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All thanks fo ryour responses. I asked Palm about the Treo and they have confirmed it is not compatible

·
Registered
50 Posts
applematt said:
No issues with any of my sony ericsson phones - w800, w580 & w960... all work a treat!

I do however, have issues with people not hearing me when i use the bluetooth... the mic needs to be a little more sensitive or located nearer to the driver - thats ford doing a universal location for LH/RH drive i suppose!

No answers for wigga - but i didnt see the tero in the list....

ppl have had there mics changed and this helps but is there some where in the bt menu to turn up the mic

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for your reply but it seems the mondeo and Kuga are not the same. Palm have confirmed to me the bluetooth will not work with the Kuga

·
Registered
32 Posts
Wigga said:
Thanks for your reply but it seems the mondeo and Kuga are not the same. Palm have confirmed to me the bluetooth will not work with the Kuga

Thats going to be a bugga when my Kuga arrives then
Do you know what the difference is between the Mondeo system and the one fitted to the Kuga? If not I'll contact Ford technical and find out, as far as I am aware there are only 2 protocols for bluetooth, there used to be some issues with Nokia phones as they used to use there own version of bluetooth which was not fully compatible with the trademarked versio

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I do not know the difference. Ford technical never replied to me. It was Palm who confirmed it was not compatable but could not say why. The phone and car do recognise each other but cannot complete the handshake.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.