Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

I've got a Kuga Titanium with the Sony 6 CD (non DAB) and bluetooth.

I have a problem with controlling the radio by voice commands. I have assigned names through bluetooth to stations on FM (Radio 1, Radio 2 etc) and MW (5 Live, Talk Sport).

Whilst the radio is tuned to FM I can press voice control button say "Tune Name", I'm asked for "Name Please", to which I reply an FM station such as "Radio 1" or so on. The system will then tune to the station number that has been assigned that name tag.

However, whilst on FM, if I try to tune name to a MW station name (such as "Five Live") then it fails and just tunes to the station attached to postion 10 on FM.

If I manually change to MW and then try to tune name to a MW station name (again saying "Five Live"), then it again fails by switching to FM and tunes to the station attached to postion 10 on FM.

I have checked if the station names have been assigned correctly (by playing the directory) and there is no similarity in the names that are stored.

It does say in the manual that you cann attach station names on both FM and MW.

If anyone has had any similar problems or can offer advice, please let me know.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
It does take a bit of practise and I am sure sometimes it has a little bit of a problem with accents.
I have a love/hate relationship with the woman behind the panel as I think she is jealous of me and my husband. Whenever I ask her to call his number she always says "Command cancelled!" in a rather snotty way and refuses to cooperate!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got the dealer to check this out last week. His initial reaction was "that's not right."

They are going to contact Ford to see about getting a replacement head unit.

I'll be chuffed if it's a DAB one !!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts