Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have already posted in another thread about a deal I have been offered on a kuga but with no bluetooth. Thought I would try this 'modifications' thread to see if anyone has any 'expert' knowledge. The car I have been offered does not have integrated bluetooth which is what I really wanted. However the dealer said that they could fit a 'parrott' system on to the dashboard. Another person on this site said that they look ugly on the dashboard but also mentioned wired. Could anyone tell me how many wires there would be and how they run on the interior?

Many thanks

·
Registered
295 Posts
A lot of people I know have parrot systems in their leasecars.
You don't see any wiring at all (when installed professionally) only the parrot controller/display on your dashboard.
From this controller/display there is 1 wire but this goes into the dashboard immediatelly so, if done well, you don't see it al all.

Edited by: mouse1277

·
Registered
108 Posts
The one I saw in the demonstrator at a dealership was obviously not done professionally then. The wires were visible for about 10-15mm, but very obvious. It was also located at around about the place your left knee would hit the dashboard if you raised it high enough (on a R/H drive car). Not very nice.

·
Registered
101 Posts
A couple of my friends have Parrots fitted in their cars, they both had them professionally fitted. In both cases the system is very neat and tidy. ( no visable wiring ) It sounds like the example you sawwas a bit of a bodge job!
Regards

Kugameister

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hello mate ...dunno if this is any use now but i have a Kuga In Titanium that also came with no Bluetooth....I had it onmy ST previously and i was not all that impressed, apparently the new gen in the Kuga are better but i have not seen one to comment. I had the dealer fit a parrot with colour screen and Mic etc. absolutely blown away with the quality and features ...much better than anything ford could offer. Mine is fitted to the drivers front pillar and is really discreet. Installer put Mic near rear view mirror and the reception is much better. I do not need to shout as i had to with the old ford one on the motorway, as it was explained to me ...if you are going to get one of these systems go to a company that just does THAT ...Parrot do Bluetooth and do it well...massive range and well worth the money. I have some pics in the mods section somewhere ?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What sort of price would I be expected to pay for a parrot system and how much would it cost to have one fitted?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Mine was about £200 fitted! But if you don't want the flashy colour screen number i believe this can be done cheaper!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Jase1 said:
Hello mate ...dunno if this is any use now but i have a Kuga In Titanium that also came with no Bluetooth....I had it onmy ST previously and i was not all that impressed, apparently the new gen in the Kuga are better but i have not seen one to comment. I had the dealer fit a parrot with colour screen and Mic etc. absolutely blown away with the quality and features ...much better than anything ford could offer. Mine is fitted to the drivers front pillar and is really discreet. Installer put Mic near rear view mirror and the reception is much better. I do not need to shout as i had to with the old ford one on the motorway, as it was explained to me ...if you are going to get one of these systems go to a company that just does THAT ...Parrot do Bluetooth and do it well...massive range and well worth the money. I have some pics in the mods section somewhere ?

I had the factory fit bluetooth in my ST3 and it is much better on the Kuga. With the Kuga it can display my phonebook on the headunit and bonds a lot more effectively - fyi I've used both with my HTC Tytn II mobile phone.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts