Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning all,
Have a problem with my Bluetooth can anyone help or shed some light ?

Have had my Kuga for 3 month now and love it, however have bluetooth (factory fitted) and have tried 3 different makes of phone (nokia, samsung, hdc)

and are all the same no one can hear me or very faint i can hear them perfectly so assuming its a microphone problem !

Anyone else had the same trouble or have a solution ?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Same experience for me - its always the other party who claims I am really faint.
I just put it down to all in-car bluetooth systems being dodgy, perhaps mine is worse than other Kugas?

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Hi, Have had the factory bluetooth since march which we use with 2 seperate phones, and have no problems at all. I find the speech clear and have no problems being heard. Our phones are Samsungs. Back to your dealers i think!!!
BK.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Hi I havent got my Kuga yet (this week) but am currently using my Nokia through my TomTom satnav (via bluetooth) and its as clear as day better than holding next to ear in fact.

Slimus.

·
Registered
385 Posts
the bluetooth in my kuga works well sony and motorola phones ok,will be trying it with a nokia phone friday.i sometimes have a problem with my tomtom one sat nav which i never had before,bluetooth came with kuga

·
Registered
140 Posts
Well it will be the first thing that gets tested on mine if I ever pick it up.

Slimus.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I've had bluetooth in my last two Kuga's - plus the Focus ST's I had before that.

Never had a problem - in fact the opposite as over the past few years the bluetooth technology in Ford's has improved with added features such as being able to access the contacts stored on the phone itself.

For the past 2 years I've had an HTC TytnII as my mobile, while the wife has had Nokia's - all worked fine. I've now got an Iphone 3GS and that works fine aswell. No problems connecting and no issue with mic volume.

Maybe worth checking with the dealer to determine if its a hardware or software fault. Also check the Ford bluetooth website for a list of compatible phones that Ford have actually tested and what range of features to expect.... http://www.ford-mobile-connectivity.com/

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks wise1 have checked link you posted and all 3 phones i have tried are on there and should be ok which only leads me to think there is a problem with my mic will contact dealer and try and book it in just hope i'm not without it for to long and they can find the fault quickly ( I doubt it )

Will keep you all posted thanks for the comments

·
Registered
140 Posts
Hi The mancunian,
this probably dosent help at all but I can tell you the N95 works a treat.

Slimus.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Hi TY
When I first connected I made no setting changes just paired with Dab and away I went without hiccup ever since. I dont have my phone on me at the moment to check (or know where to check for this setting) but when I get home I will havea butchers.

Slimus.

·
Registered
20 Posts
At the moment I am waiting delivery of the new Kuga 2nd week in Sept at present I have a Mercedes R Class 320 Sport and to use my n96 to work through the Command Centre I have to make sure my n96 is in bluetooth "remote sim" mode I think this has something to do with displaying your contact list on the sat nav screen my Ford dealer did not seem to know and told me that I did not have to be in "remote sim" mode
Regards

JohnK

·
Registered
140 Posts
Hello again,
my contact list comes up on my display but I have progammed my popular numbers through the voice control system which does not use your contact list I simply say "dial dad" etc and off it goes but these must be entered manually first and will only recognise your voice for the name being called. This is a lot quicker than faffing around in the contact list.

Slimus.

·
Registered
140 Posts
John,
I think the voice recognition works quite well considering it has to understand all accents and male and female. But I do occasionaly turn full demist on when I only want to reduce fan speed etc.... but I have only been using it for a few weeks.

Slimus.
Edited by: Slimus

1 - 17 of 17 Posts