Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI all.

I wonder if anyone can assist. I just bought a second hand 2012/13Ford Kuga with the factory fitted Sony Radio.

Yesterday I paired two phones to the radio without problems. As I connect to "Ford audio" from my iPhone, the radio shows me a bluetooth pairing code on the radio screen and I enter it and the phone connects fine.

This morning I tried to connect the phone and it showed "no active phones". I debonded both devices. When I connected again, I get the radio showing me the 4 digit pairing code which I enter on the phone. The phone the says pairing while the radio says searching and pairing fails after about 10 seconds. Both phones are unable to pair with the radio any more.

Very very frustrating. Also the visible "Ford audio" bluetooth device comes and goes and is most often not visible.

Someone please help

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
If your iPhone is running iOS11 (or in fact anything after 10.2) it probably won't work.

Solely down to Apple's 'non-conforming' implementation of Bluetooth which causes all kinds of issues pairing with non-Apple kit (and indeed some early Apple kit). Nothing at all that you can do until Apple release a patch - something they have been promising for over a year.

I help to moderate a mobile forum and the issues with Apple's 'version' of Bluetooth are too numerous to count.

·
Registered
9 Posts
HI

Just wondered if you ever got this resolved ?

Just this week our 2010 Kuga 2.0 DTCi decided that after 4yrs of faultless Bluetooth to iPhone (and android) it now connecting but then disconnecting after 5 seconds or so.

Its the same with my Android phone and both just a few days ago were fine.

I was reading about the Bluetooth module being reset but no idea where or how this is done.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
The only way to reset the Bluetooth module (I have had to do this twice) is to do a full SYNC reset via Settings>General

·
Registered
9 Posts
The only way to reset the Bluetooth module (I have had to do this twice) is to do a full SYNC reset via Settings>General
Ok cool I will try that - as there was talk of a fuse on another forum but we don't have the manual for the stereo so didn't want try it just In case.

·
Registered
9 Posts
sad:sad:

Well that didn't work and removing 2 fuses succeeded in resetting the stereo - good job the pin code was in the book.

Still after initially connecting the display comes up with the "No response from phone unit!"

Its getting very frustrating now and worrying that its the start of something else electrical.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Update for anyone reading - the stereo unit doesnt use the SYNC software and the bluetooth issue was resolved by removing the centre console (was easier than I thought it would be) and physically unplugging the bluetooth module (removing the fuse didnt seems to work) - I left the module unplugged for about 2 minutes before reconnecting it.

The bluetooth has worked fine since then with no more issues.

To clarify this was on our 2.0 Diesel Kuga Mk1 - 10 plate with Titanium trim level - front wheel drive (not 4WD)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts