Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to upgrade my Ford 6000CD audio my Kuga has with Sony single CD/MP3.My question as well as my concern is if the new audio system is compatible with my car's Bluetooth system.Given the fact the Sony's system is a better one compared to the one I already have there must be no problem...but then again nobody knows...!
Has anyone been through the same upgrading?And if there was Bluetooth in the configuration before the upgrade take place is it still funvtioning well with the new audio system?
Thanks in advance for any possible help
Nick.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I upgraded from Sony 6 disc mp3 player to the Sony DAB radio 6 disc player without a hitch and with the Ford bluetooth/voice control on the car.

The only thing you may see when you put the stereo on is "Unconfigured mode" which a Ford dealer can put right - basically they need to pair the stereo to the car using the WDS system which can be done in 5 mins - all functions still work though until you have it done. This was when fitting a brand new headunit - dunno if it applies to second hand ones!

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
...Thanks Kuga Jon.I've already done it and even though it's still in "Unconfigured mode",everything works just fine.Only problem is I have an old mobile phone (almost 4 years old) and even though it's recognized by the car's bluetooth system,it can't remain locked into memory so everytime I need to use it I must put a new code (given by the car) and reactivate the car/mobile phone connection.
Nevertheless I made a test with another phone (Nokia) and everything was as it should be.I think it's time to upgrade my mobile as well now.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Has anyone upgraded the Sony single CD audio system to the Pioneer 7'' touch screen with Sat-Nav?They said it would coust around 1500 euros but two concerns:Will they fit it properly?Is Sat Nav good? So,will it worth it?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts