Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
6,540 Posts
SteveAWD its probably coming through the plastic case of the camera. Does the effect occur with cable (with rear camera connected) or camera near the rear window?

Fortunately this Blackvue is almost clean and doesn't effect a very weak signal to where we live from Radio Humberside. Its so weak that in my drive I only have to open the drivers door or walk across the tailgate and it looses signal. Fitting the BlackVue made no difference to DAB reception. I say almost clean because if I view the radio spectrum around the DAB frequencies, what is called the noise floor does show some interference but its very low so maybe Blackvue did a bit of work on their power supply and shielding or I'm lucky. Still not impressed with not being able to access its WiFi via computer only via SmartPhone.

Its obvious some manufactures are not producing these to meet Automotive standards of interferennce.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Hi Filco
TBH can't remember. Camera case sounds plausible. Only thing I hadn't tried was earthing the shielding I put on the cable. I did wrap tin foil round camera once but it didn't make much difference. It's shame ford couldn't have put s proper aerial on car. Aerials are meant to be vertical !!

·
Registered
6,540 Posts
Yes well your right re the antenna, but the dashcam kits should really meet the automotive spec for interference. Car manufacturers including Ford of course in ensuring none of the plethora of electronic modules on the car interfere with each other and the infotainment system, only to be thwarted by what is becoming a necessary accessory (don't say that fast).
The screening round the camera would need to be electrically connected to chassis, which BTW may not be what you might consider to be chassis or negative on your camera/cable.

·
Registered
93 Posts
@Fillco I seems that the new message from the Asian lady isn't an error, I have worked out that it only does it when leaving my house. It seems that my phone is still connected to the home WiFi when I start the car and go to drive away, hence the message. When I'm away from home I don't get the message so I don't think it's anything to worry about.

·
Registered
6,540 Posts
Are you replying to someone else, not sure what your referring to there..? Never heard the WiFi in use though.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I wonder if it's worth trying another camera in case my rear ones fault y........

·
Registered
6,540 Posts
You could, but the general feeling from previous posts on the topic of Dashcams is that they tend to be inherently electrically noisy so you may still have the problem. You could see if the camera is less of a problem if you place it on the rear window in a slightly different location, by experiment.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Yes I noticed I got a new face to the app the other day. I also updated the firmware on the dashcam and she now keeps telling my that the 'Direct WiFi connection is already in use' I have no idea what that means but she never said it before the update!
I'll not update the camera then.. Thanks.
FYI My firmware is 1.017.
I have 1.017 since June last year and seems OK.
It was the last update from Pittasoft and I dont think it offered anything extra, though you say youve got an issue with it by the sounds of things.
Are you replying to someone else, not sure what your referring to there..? Never heard the WiFi in use though.
I was referring to earlier in the thread, when I said I was getting the message about the WiFi after upgrading the firmware.

·
Registered
6,540 Posts
Yes I looked back and I was reminded of the the thread. I'll listen out for the voice. Thought they would have prompted us to the latest app as they used to with the firmware for the camera.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
I wonder if it's worth trying another camera in case my rear ones fault y........
Where is your rear camera placed, mine is 180 degrees from rear wiper park position and I haven’t any problems

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Steve
My rear cam is fed from front camera, cable goes inside front passenger side headlining, then tucked into headlining along top of front door to rear of rear door then diagonally across to exit point where rubber tubing is, then follows route as per pictures, never had a problem with radio or anything else

·
Registered
297 Posts
Thanks. I have the 322 with the golf ball looking rear camera. The golf ball is not that flexible to mount with limited movement :-(

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
In the past, I have had one camera with two lenses , one forward and one rear facing. But the rear facing one was more more showing inside the car, so I had them facing forward.
After many years service and excess heat on hot days, it gave up and I replaced it with two Motorola HCD 100. (Think that’s right) front one has power supply from front 12v socket via usb double splitter and the other which is stuck on rear screen, is also supplied by the same splitter. So can can power them together or individually if parked up.
One thing do I do very regularly is to format the cards, to keep them nice and fresh.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Thanks. I have the 322 with the golf ball looking rear camera. The golf ball is not that flexible to mount with limited movement :-(
Mines the same not a lot of flexibility but enough to get a good image

·
Registered
93 Posts
@Fillco I managed to get a deal on the CPL filter, been watching it on ebay for a couple of weeks and was offered it for a tenner off. Still cost £25.

I know why it's so expensive now, you're paying for the fancy packaging!

·
Registered
6,540 Posts
Flipping heck, Microscope optics probably don't get that type of packaging.

41 - 58 of 58 Posts