Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

21 - 40 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
My front to rear cable is tucked into headlining above near side doors to avoid panoramic roof, and from rear end of the rear door goes across at an angle to centre of tailgate, then thru rubber flexi tube into tailgate.

·
Registered
221 Posts
SteveAWD,
I bought the 522GW kit which came with the rear camera at a reduced price. I fitted the ferrite core on a small loop by the rear camera, it has much better DAB reception than before the core was fitted but still not perfect. Have been advised to also fit a core on the lead by where it plugs into the front camera, but I don’t think it will help as I feel the prob is at the back window aerial but will try and let you know.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
I have the Nextbase 512GW with the rear camera accessory, ferrite core fitted inside tailgate trim just before cable exits for the camera, DAB has always been pretty good is not affected by camera, just get the occasional drop out over the Yorkshire Moors, interestingly, around same areas as phone signal is lost

·
Registered
6,540 Posts
@ andspenka

Do you find you get the white interior trim reflected in the windscreen is quite prominent?

·
Registered
297 Posts
Les

Interesting. What cable route did you use and wheres the camera mounted. Any chance of pics?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Do you find you get the white interior trim reflected in the windscreen is quite prominent?
Yes the white does stand out quite a bit but I find the whole dash seems to reflect, I had a polorising filter on my previous camera and I know you can get them for the Blackvue but haven't checked how much they are.

·
Registered
6,540 Posts
Ouch, a quick search says nigh on £40, at the price of the camera it should have had one as standard I think bearing in mind the location it would be mounted.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I totally agree, 350 quid it should be standard!

·
Registered
221 Posts
steveAWD,
The cable from the front camera is tucked into the edge of the trims down to the floor and then to the back tucked under the door trims. Once in the boot up through the side cover into the headlining and into the tailgate via the flexi rubber. Only needed to pull down a small part of the headlining and a part of the tailgate trim. There are no visible cables apart from about 75mmm from the roof lining to the front camera and about 25mm next to the rear. The rear camera is mounted on the actual tailgate glass and with the camera only being a little round ball adjusts really well on its base. Not sure how to add pics but will read up and try to add a couple of pics.

·
Registered
6,540 Posts
@ andspenka
@ kuga4575 I see that pittasoft have just updated the phone app for Blackvue so someones still awake there.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Yes I noticed I got a new face to the app the other day. I also updated the firmware on the dashcam and she now keeps telling my that the 'Direct WiFi connection is already in use' I have no idea what that means but she never said it before the update!

·
Registered
6,540 Posts
I'll not update the camera then.. Thanks.

·
Registered
93 Posts
FYI My firmware is 1.017.

·
Registered
6,540 Posts
I have 1.017 since June last year and seems OK.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Mine must have been miles out of date then 😁

·
Registered
6,540 Posts
It was the last update from Pittasoft and I dont think it offered anything extra, though you say youve got an issue with it by the sounds of things.

·
Registered
93 Posts
🤔 I think I'll delete the WiFi connection off my phone and re-connect, see if that fixes things.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Les, what rear view camera are you using ? My nextbase rear wipes out my DAB as soon as the power cable goes near the top of the hatch?
Jusr a thought, but have you tried fitting a ferrite core to the power lead? This may stop any electromagnetic interference affecting the DAB aerial.
Or at the least trying some earthed copper screening around the power cable.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Tried ferrite rings yes. Tried putting shielding on cable too but didn't ground it......

21 - 40 of 58 Posts