Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, took delivery of my new mk2.5 in shadow black yesterday. Now I know that the black dome badges are no longer made because of Ford’s intervention but there must be some companies out there that still do them ?. I’ve seen many custom gel overlays now!

So does anyone know where I can get a complete set??

I’m also after a gloss black Kuga badge...has anyone ever seen one??

·
Registered
28 Posts
These guys do Ford gel badges:https://gel-badges-australia.myshopify.com/ I got a set made from these guys for the kuga they looked good quality, but in the end I didn't use them and ended up vinyl wrapping (gloss black) over the front/back badge completely.

As for the Kuga badge have you heard of plasti-dipping using rubber spray on paint? fairly straight forward process and you won't need to remove the badge. Spray over the badge and it will peel around and cut through the edges of the badge.

here is a video from youtube:

Reactions: Familykuga

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have heard of it but I’ve only ever seen Matte finish, if they do a gloss finish I may well look in to it! Thanks

·
Registered
28 Posts
You could achieve the gloss finish by using the clear gloss plastic dip spray over the matte black.

Reactions: Martin1977

·
Registered
7 Posts
These guys do Ford gel badges:Gel Badges Australia I got a set made from these guys for the kuga they looked good quality, but in the end I didn't use them and ended up vinyl wrapping (gloss black) over the front/back badge completely.

As for the Kuga badge have you heard of plasti-dipping using rubber spray on paint? fairly straight forward process and you won't need to remove the badge. Spray over the badge and it will peel around and cut through the edges of the badge.

here is a video from youtube:

Anyone have a link to this need to do mine looks like a good option.
Thanks in advance
Tim

1 - 12 of 12 Posts