Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Inspired to have a cleaning day. 4 hours. Inside and out. Just need some tyre cleaner

·
Mr. Uses Lots of Words
4,685 Posts
@Devilish

That's not good. You sure you haven't got any quarries near you or companies like Cemex or some company who recycles bricks and other aggregates. My dad once told me never to buy a seaside car as more than like they would have sand blown at them and be subject to salt from the sea air. Never thought you would get something similar 100's miles from any beach.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
3 days after a good washing, rained twice, car not moved.
That would be soul destroying!

I though going out to mine a few hours after finishing off the waxing today and finding a great dollop shird bite all over my driver A pillar was bad enough.

I thing I'd be using a car cover when not using it if that is a common occurence.

Better get that pressure washer out again.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
............... 4 hours. Inside and out.
Pffft, 4 hours? I wish! Took me that long to vacuum the dirty biatch after 12+ months of negIect.

Strated mine Friday last week and still haven't finished! LOL

Prewash, SnowFoam, Presure Wash, Wheels, Vacuum, Wash, Clay Bar, Polish, Wax.....and still not finished.o_O

Not been at it constant due to it being baltic at times though and off work this week so just taking my time.

Still got underbonnet to do (meant to do that first, but forgot), rubbers, interior plastics and windows.

Should be done by Summer!

Knackered back and knees not helping, but soldiering on! LOL

·
Registered
361 Posts
My car was the same as Devilish with all the sand on it. A weather guy from Biggin Hill Airport, which is only a few miles away, wrote in the local rag it was defiantly blown from the Sahara as they had been tracking it. After Ripperoo pics thought I better clean Big Reds little sibling, should be ok till more sand arrives.

Reactions: smartguy69

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
After Ripperoo pics thought I better clean Big Reds little sibling, should be ok till more sand arrives.
Haha! Nice colour Kuga you got there Les!

Seems to be a few of them aboot actually. LOL

It had been raining overnight when I got in BR this morning, normally I'd have been thinking "Jees, rain?", but today I was like "Excellent, rain!"

Displayed to me that the last fews days of slog were worth it with all those lovely beads sat on the paintwork and which simply just rolled off as I drove away!

That AutoGlym Ultra Deep Shine Polish, with Meguiars Ultimate Liquid Wax seem to be a great combo.

Probably not much different than any polish/wax combo I suppose, but what I had on hand.

Might try some of that Meguiar's M2116 or AG Extra Gloss Protection, but that can wait until I sort out my stone chips!

Bet our neighbours think we have smooth brains! LOL

Reactions: Les
21 - 28 of 28 Posts