Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont know if this has been discussed or maybe I've asked the question before, but on the eve of my Bi-annual moan, does Sync 3 adjust to daylight saving the like Sync 2, in that you have flipping adjust it yourself.

The SatNav cant even adjust to satellite time correctly on the MK2 never mind daylight saving. :(

·
Registered
6,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that. Interesting so it partly works.

My moan. On Sync 2 you may know there is a tab in the menu to 'Reset clock to GPS time', which works but of course its always in GMT, so the clock/SatNav does know what time Zone we are in, but doesn't have the ability to set daylight saving (function of the clock not Satellite). It also only loads the Hours and Minutes when you use the reset so could be actually 59 seconds out. And do you find that it is synchronised exactly to, lets say BBC time signal on FM.

One thing that Sync 2 does do I believe, is automatically adjust time zones as you move in to Europe from UK and across the states in the USA which maybe one day I may find really useful. :)

·
Registered
301 Posts
Whenever I take the ferry to the UK always have to manually adjust time
even although it's set to auto time adjust.

·
Registered
6,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok Smartguy, fingers crossed for you..

I was told that the Sync 2 changed time as it crossed the channel by a member on here. Having not ventured to the continent in this Kuga I dont know if mine does. The daylight saving though is a fundamental omission, but there again its a Ford so dont expect things to be finished, but Sync 2 could pull time from FM RDS or DAB of course but as its also got the option to sync time from the satellite you'd think it would do it right and acknowledge DST even if there was an on off tab for it.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
One thing that Sync 2 does do I believe, is automatically adjust time zones as you move in to Europe from UK and across the states in the USA
I think mine auto adjusted when I changed time zones on an interstate trip (I don't recall having to adjust anything), but daylight savings is as you said.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Mine auto adjusted when going from South Australia into Victoria.

·
Registered
6,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Yes I thought it did. work.

Must have been too much on the development budget to include the lookup table for all the areas for Daylight Saving.

So as Nigel has mentioned it looks like moving to summer time on Sync 3 is manual, but moving from BST to GMT appears automatic. Is it another half done job like DAB text on Sync 2 and early Sync 3.
Of course Ford would say we don't have to abide by the convention, even though Ford are on the committee agreeing the convention since 2009. Irks a bit doesn't it?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts