Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Power Tailgate Module
Tailgate sometimes fully opens which i want and some times it comes back down a couple of inches must be where previous person set it at that level must of been short or had a garage
I have tried resetting the height by holding the button on boot until i hear the beep but after a few times later it plays around again
Have tried pulling the fuse for 5 mins but nothing.
Below what is KAM memory:

FORSCAN: There are 2 functions, Module reset and Reset all adaptations. "Reset all adaptations" does a clean up of all learned data as described above (may not exist on some models). Module reset is like a PC reset button - re-initializes the module without clean up of the KAM memory.

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
You can do a module reset in forscan. It's in service procedures.

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
I would just reset the power tailgate module and see if it resolves it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
There are a few ways to reset your Engine control modules. One way is by disconnecting the battery cable for 2 to 3 minutes and waiting to see if the check engine light comes back on upon reconnecting the battery and start the car. Drive the car for at least 10 miles for the ecu to learn, if there is a problem with your vehicle then the check engine light will come back on and you can analyze the fault code that the ECM throws. These codes will guide you towards the root of the problem and you can begin replacing parts to try to fix the issue. Upon installation of the new parts you want to continue to reset your computer so that the engine control can “learn” the new parts and store this new data. PS ( make sure you do not have any battery cable issues and have a backup power handy before you reset the ecu).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts