Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright chaps, I'm having a load of bother trying to clean the soap scum out, I've used autosol, g2, Window Polish and nothing is moving it. Must be a few years of build up.

Aby ideas?

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
WD40, use a toothbrush and then a good rinse offEdited by: phoneman

·
Registered
350 Posts
But becareful where you spray it as WD40 attacks some rubber compounds and plastics.

·
Registered
921 Posts
I would use some APC (All Purpose Cleaner)and an old toothbrush. Might want to dilute it a bit just incase it attacks the rubbers.

·
Registered
253 Posts
You could try one of those magic sponge's.

I use them a lot to clean various bit and pieces, also good for cleaning dead insects off the windscreen and headlights.

·
Registered
6,600 Posts
Where is the scum getting stuck?

·
Registered
350 Posts
Fubarx89 said:
Wd40 on the chrome bits? Forgive my ignorance but how would that help?
WD40, apart from use as a lubricant and penetrating oil, is also a good cleaner for "sticky" residues. However, it damages rubber seals and some plastics. Caravan manufactures, for example, recommend the use of silicon spray lubricants and not WD40.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Fillco said:

You know how you have the window seal and on most cars it's just rubber, well on the Mk1 kuga it has the a chrome strip over it.

·
Registered
6,600 Posts
Fubarx89 said:
Fillco said:

You know how you have the window seal and on most cars it's just rubber, well on the Mk1 kuga it has the a chrome strip over it.
OK, thanks. Wasnt sure if it was a MK1 or 2. The MK2 has a chrome strip too but doesnt seem to have any inaccessible place where scum could collect that I can see, so must be different.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts