Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I'm new here and looking to place an order of a Kugs (Electric White Titanium with 18's).

I've found that Archers of Ashby are doing £3793 off the list price plus I get a £2000 Ford discount from my Dad who used to work for Ford.

It works out of a 2 yr PCP deal at £2000 deposit and £235 per month.

Are there any better deals out there at the moment that anyone has come across considering the state of the economyas I'm keen to place an order soon.

thanks guys

·
Registered
260 Posts
Archers offer the best prices anywhere, but if you get in touch with your local Evans Halshaw they will probably do a price match on it, or most other dealers come to think of that.

P.S Why not put nil down and let the £2000 stay in your account and pay off the difference?

i.ejust put the £2000 in a seperate account, and transfer £235 into that account and make sure your payments come out of that account. I am sure you will be better off after the 2 year period.

Edited by: daisbuys

·
Registered
79 Posts
thats the deal i ended up with after much searching £2000 down (£500 was a part excange car ) £223 p/m for 2 years (if no deposit mothly repayments jump to £295. p/m which is very much swings and roundabouts) i just wanted to find the minimum to repay each month , but this included the apperance pack,black panther paint job & its a 2wd zetec wish i had got the bluetooth now
i had to drive a hard deal for this, up till 31st dec 08 the deal was £1000 paid by ford as deposit £1000 customer deposit and £205. p/m for 2 years missed out on that one, in the new offer they loaded the deposit and reduced the gfmv by £1000 ,so much for the sales slump in vehicles this does not seem to apply to the kuga , got a similar quote for same vehicle off archers ,very nice people to talk to ,and was quick to reply to my initial e-mail ,best of luck in your search ,mine should be delivered net week
regards kev

·
Registered
79 Posts
may i suggest somewhere on this forum a thread dedicated to the purchase of a kuga that way members could pass on their tips /deals they have got from dealers and also if you were in the locality of another prospective kuga owner you could join forces and approach the dealer,s to-gether thus hopefully striking a better deal as a pair or more ,the more ,the better deal i would have thought ,better to sell lots for a liitte profit than none with no profit?
regards kev

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi people, first post... go easy!

Went and test drove the Kuga today, big fan.
Got a quote on a 2WD Titanium (not registered but a number readily available) at £19000 which I was quite impressed by... until I read the post above about Archers knocking £3793 off list!
Is it for a factory order with Archers?

What price ideally should we be getting it at do you think?
Any advice would be gratefully received.

Thanks in advance.

S

·
Registered
2 Posts
Also looking to get a Kuga within the next few weeks. Want to spec it up with the Titanium X Pack, Convenience Pack, Appearance Pack, Bluetooth, DVD Sat Nav, Mats, Power Converter and Scuff plates. Probably, White, Grey or Black, can't decide. Total RRP of £25k.

Best price I've seen is DealDrivers.co.uk for £20.5k. Archers were £21.5k. I also notice that the prices are going up on the 2nd Feb so I'd better be quick. I should also get the £2k off with the Ford Discount to the above prices.

I noticed today that Dagenham Motors were doing the 2.0 Titanium 2WD for £19995 at 0% APR over 2 years with a GMFV £10,413. Monthly payments of £231.01.

Will speak with the dealer tomorrow to see what deal I can get.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Went back this morning to have a chat with someone. The 0% is on one particular car as they have had it in stock for a while.

Got the dealer down to £22.5k for my spec, he is going to do more research tomorrow to see what else he can do. I told him the target is £20.5k from Deal Drivers and then he tried to fob off internet dealers as lease companies and can't match their price but will match any other dealer price. DD will just put you in touch with a dealer anyway.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Great!
Looks like we're getting the AWD Titanium in Sea Grey, convenience, appearance, 18", Bluetooth yadda yadda for a little over £18,600. So with the p/x on one of our other cars it's about £275 a month.
It's a car they've got in stock and is going to the garage tomorrow and I'm going up on Tuesday to take it on a longer test drive.
For the sake of losing a little on the mpg and paying an extra £25 a year in road tax we can have pretty much straight away rather than waiting 5+ weeks for a factory order.
Archers came back with a great, cheaper quote (£18,273.53) on the 2WD Titanium with the optional packs, but I think Bristol Street may have swayed it with the AWD and the addition of the 18's!

Can't wait!!

I take it everybody on here are happy with their purchases?!?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts