Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Back home now from The States. It was actually quite exciting getting the Kuga out of the garage after 4 weeks. He had been waxed and buffed to a brilliant shine before he was put away and came out flexing his muscles however, I have been feeling a bit guilty, I have been enjoying the company of a Chrysler 300. 5 litre engine, cream leather seats, automatic. Its a bt like choosing between a rich, larger,older predictableman to indulge you or a sporty, fit, toned, fast amd slightly edgy younger man who need to be handled assertively. Decisions, decisions..........

·
Registered
374 Posts
your home choice defo best.....

Hope holiday was fun, seems ages since we saw your post re Kuga lookalike. Welcome home......

Edited by: the undertaker

·
Registered
929 Posts
Welcome back to the fold.

Kuga wins every time

·
Registered
140 Posts
Hi all,
I have only found 1 car that I hired on holiday even close to the Kugaand thats last time in Florida I had a Hummer H2 for 2 weeks. It was pretty awesome but a total waste of time over here on these streets. Also I was only getting 9mpg on a run to the coast but worth every penny - not sure the wife agrees though.

Ah well, Glad to be back home with my Kuga.

Slimus.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys, really good to hear from you all.
Chrysler was lovely but as I said, the Kuga is much moremuscular and stylish. Car design over there seems to be a bit conservative and the ride is muchmore roly poly, guess it is the big wide straight roads. Now I am back in the real world, wouldn't swap the Kuga at all.

·
Registered
268 Posts
championkuga said:
Back home now from The States. It was actually quite exciting getting the Kuga out of the garage after 4 weeks. He had been waxed and buffed to a brilliant shine before he was put away and came out flexing his muscles however, I have been feeling a bit guilty, I have been enjoying the company of a Chrysler 300. 5 litre engine, cream leather seats, automatic. Its a bt like choosing between a rich, larger,older predictableman to indulge you or a sporty, fit, toned, fast amd slightly edgy younger man who need to be handled assertively. Decisions, decisions..........

Welcome Back Champion & Hope Y'all had a great time !!!

That would be an easy decision for me too - Kuga every time !!!

I would so enjoy the long straight roads and no traffic jams in Florida on a permanent basis....Oh..... andof course their all year sunshine...

However, would not like the mpg on the C300 for any longer than a few weeks, although we were only paying about $2.30 PER GALLON - we only got about 10-11 mpg on ours.................

Methinks we enjoyed those long, straight roads a little too much...........

Did you see any Saturn Vue's ??

·
Registered
119 Posts
ChampionKuga, bit of a late response i know, but, whilst you were in the states did you see a lot of Kugas ? We were in Florida last summer and saw hundreds of them, very popular. We then came home and wanted one of our own, got it July this year.
The yanks must really like them !! By the way..........i think holiday romance, 'cos when you got back you still loved your Kuga !!!!

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Actually, we didn't see any Kugas! Saw loads of Ford Edges which I thought was the American version although when I started a thread on here about it, no one agreed. To be honest, I didn't know that the Kuga had been launched on the American market although I think it would be very popular. Its got the sort of looks they seem to like.

What part of Florida were you in?

·
Registered
119 Posts
ChampionKuga, i think you are right with the Ford Edge name, the wife has just said that they were called a different name, but neither of us could remember what. We were in Orlando for a wedding and spent some time in Miami. Where were you ?

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
We were in a place called Englewood on the Gulf coast, about 30 miles south of Sarasota. Loved it loads. Scorching hot, lovely white beaches and quite a few gators! Spent 4 weeks there and covered quite a lot of mileage including the Everglades and Miami. Bit sad that we also looked at a lot of passing American cars and compared them to our Kuga.

Wonder why Ford haven't launched it over there, I am sure it would be really popular.

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Hi Championkuga, read somewhere that the Kuga was joining Fords Global product lineup and as part of cost cutting measures was being introduced in the US, think it all kicks off with the launch of new Fiesta, and Kuga (+ poss3 dr version)later next year.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts