Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

Frequently posts gibberish!
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So today, I had it in written authority and broke free from the shackles and scarpered off to do my own thing.
Hers is shopping and buying more blouses and grandkids stuff.
Mine is car viewing.

So, I tootled off to the Volvo dealership for a nosey at the XC 40.
Needent have bothered. Two outside, crap colour and needed a wash and the discs were all rusty. What an immediate put off.

Drove passed the Land Rover garage and then just laughed for some reason as the prices were for footballers.

Then BMW got a visit. Not bad at all, didn鈥檛 go inside but they had some decent stuff outside but nothing that made me go, oooh.

VW, well it was the dealer who sold me a new car and handed it over in a sh馃挬te condition. They had a few nice second hand Tiguan R lines in. But just silly money and the same mileage as Vinny.

Finally I dropped into the Toyota garage. WTF. I hadn鈥檛 walked ten pace when I was swamped by the hand rubbing wise cracking sales geezer. Instant put off. Did quickly look at the C-HR? Nice shape but, err no. Just something about it and OMG.....what have they done to the RAV-4!
What a complete turn away moment. The bonnet goes on 4eva and it really does look like a box.

I鈥檓 not saying I鈥檒l change and Vinny owes me some miles due to tyres, servicing and brakes. But if the right offer came in for him and I saw something I liked, I may, just may be tempted.

Anyway, just a few lines whilst waiting for it to either pee it down or F1 to start.

Registered
2013 Titanium X with 2017 Powershift Conversion.
My wife wants an XC90 next, 2016's are still silly money for a lowish mileage example. New ones are daft prices.

Registered
XC90 or XC60 on my viewing list. Saw a nice XC90 68 reg in blue the other day whilst filling up the Kuga.

Reactions: keithmac

Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes they are nice but too big for me, well it won鈥檛 inside the garage which is a must for me.

Super Moderator
Well, after the spinal problems I am going to have to make a change as the Kuga seats, despite spending a full three hours adjusting them, won't support my lumbar area properly.

So it's off around the dealers and so far.
New Kuga - Marmite car and no improvement in seat adjustment, oh well.
Seat Ateca - wonderful array of toys, good quality finish but really 'skimpy' upholstery - shame.
Volvo - the quality of finish is superb but I should have remembered that initially sitting on a plank would be softer than a Volvo seat until they have bedded in, so no.
Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV - not overly concerned about Mitsubishi pulling out of the UK as they have guaranteed parts and service until 2032. Really comfortable seats but no bloody legroom for a driver much over 6'0" (shame that I'm 6' 4").
Nissan Qashqai- outgoing model has had everything on the parts shelf thrown at it and is an incredible bargain. Try getting one - no chance
Vauxhall Grandland - God it's bland but the seats, oh those seats, supremely comfortable. Had them in the Mokka and once covered 1200km in 24 hours (with breaks) with no discomfort - 24 hour test drive arranged.
Still have to visit Skoda and Hyundai.

Mr. Forgetful
ST-Line Edition 2019 AWD - Petrol - Auto
I love the look of the new Volvo XC40 :D

Reactions: b road blaster

Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I forgot about the Skoda. But the wife will not accept the name.

Vauxhall, well I don鈥檛 really know. That鈥檚 due to lol a of negative experiences I guess with them and the residuals are just bonkers bad.

Cupra Ateca and yes it petrol but with that performance, even this old geezer could break a smile instead of wind.

Super Moderator
My recent Vauxhall experience has been really positive. The Moka I had on PCP covered 35000 in three with only a replacement (under warranty) battery and a blown bulb to report.

Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Fair do鈥檚.
bad experiences stay with me I鈥檓 afraid and I can hold a grudge for a long time 鈥︹.since 1990.

Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think that the car market has stagnated.
covid certainly has not helped, big time.
But it鈥檚 like watching F1, companies watch each other to see who make the first move.

I鈥檝e not been a fan of BMW, despite driving them for many years at work. But they seemed to have had a something of a make over inside making them more appealing.

Dare I mention the flagging new Kuga. Still massive issues in one way or another. Even those that have had the new battery packs are having other electrical related issues.

Mr. Uses Lots of Words
I think that the car market has stagnated.
covid certainly has not helped, big time.
But it鈥檚 like watching F1, companies watch each other to see who make the first move.

I鈥檝e not been a fan of BMW, despite driving them for many years at work. But they seemed to have had a something of a make over inside making them more appealing.

Dare I mention the flagging new Kuga. Still massive issues in one way or another. Even those that have had the new battery packs are having other electrical related issues.
You could always get a Focus Estate and put a lift kit on it!!

Reactions: NigelB

Super Moderator
Sadly, I want something with the creases ironed out. Too old to 'be the brave one'' anymore.

Registered
I forgot about the Skoda. But the wife will not accept the name.

Vauxhall, well I don鈥檛 really know. That鈥檚 due to lol a of negative experiences I guess with them and the residuals are just bonkers bad.

Cupra Ateca and yes it petrol but with that performance, even this old geezer could break a smile instead of wind.
Tell her a Skoda is a rebadged Audi.

Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Tell her a Skoda is a rebadged Audi.
I have told her....it鈥檚 like talking to a brick wall.

Not that I have made any decision to 鈥渕ove on鈥, but I was reflecting on my ownership with the Vignale over the passed 2.5 years.
I guess like others, you buy what you can afford but the model you really want is always just out of reach and if you do buy the 鈥渙ne鈥, it has a few years on its back.

The Vignale was 鈥渢he one鈥, the one fitted with specifications that you want, which is basically everything. However this was 11 months old and was still a current model for another year or two.

I am not a vain person that has to have the latest but it was right for all the right reasons and it was the best car choice I鈥檝e ever made. Ok the colour wasn鈥檛 an immediate drop dead gorgeous must have. It did however quickly grow on me and looks great. When the sun sparkles, so does 鈥渧inny鈥 with the small metal flake paint.

As I was driving around to the dealerships, it was just so smooth. Low revs coupled to a smooth gearbox and brakes that are now bedded in for a powerful stop.

Knowing how it drives and how things work are only ever called for in one of those moments when you need it.
For example, the inbuilt voice system is sooooooo annoying. It鈥檚 rare I use it and do a long press on the voice button until I hear the Siri voice. Double quick time, no requests to repeat my instructions etc.

There are a few thingsI鈥檇 change and I guess I could but it would ultimately be a waste of time and look a mess.
The sliding arm rest really hacks me off, as it slides back when you arm is on it.
The gearstick is too tall. A small one like Audi etc would have looked nice.
Sync 3 voice....why does any input have to be so precise. It鈥檚 quicker to stop and do it manually.
DAB, just bin it!
Why can you have this sunroof open on tilt with the blind closed.

Small things I know but like a small scab you just pick at them.

So whilst I went for a look, I think I鈥檓 pretty darned settled with him. Unless I went silly money it would be hard to get a car with the kit he has.

And has to the new Kuga, no it just doesn鈥檛 work for me. From my OP you will see that the Ford garage didn鈥檛 get a visit. Say no more.

Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Really, looks much bigger. Thanks stats man.

Registered
No 'massive' issues where we are concerned with our Mk3. A few moans on a forum about a car that they have sold 30k of doesn't mean massive issues. Go on any car forum and they are all full of horror stories, including the Mk2 Kuga!

Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Interesting.
If I used the word Bugatti , she鈥檇 probably say 鈥測eah ham and cheese please鈥

1 - 20 of 21 Posts