Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up my beautiful black titanium convenience/appearance/x pack midday 18 October. But she's teasing me - see my post about the possible dangers of drinking while building . . . . .

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Finally, unexpectedly, got my beauty back from the garage on 10 Nov.
I am so pleased to finally have the car I ordered after 3.5 weeks of sheer misery. She is an absolute beaut'.
Black, sleek, get loads of admiring glances. Unique I guess, becauseI haven't seen another kuga in my neck of the woods yet. She's a youngster having done just over 100 miles in her first month of life, but friends already comment on her looks, speed and agility. Real glad I bought all the packs. It's fantastically lazy to have keyless open/close, auto lights, auto wipers, foolproofelectronic seat adjustment and front/back parking sensors. Now I've got her back I need to go back thru and set everything up the way I first had it - the garage reset everything to factory settings when they repaired it.
So one really really happy kuga owner here. (if only it had happened from day 1 - hopefully she stays sound and the pain eventually eases).

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Now I've had her for near a week in the first month she's earned a name.

Black Beauty.

She's even got GG in the reg plate.

Strong, sleek, lots of horse power, a pleasure to drive, fast acceleration and loads of admiring glances (now she's out the stables). Good over jumps (speed bumps) as well.

In fact just like with a horse,you sit there and she does lots for you. E.g. lights, wipers.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anniversary news. Have had Black Beauty a month now

And she's been trouble free for just over a week.
Fingers crossed.

Mpg nearly up to 32 and rising (only done450 miles) and the pleasure in driving continues to grow. I look forward to it - never had that with a car before.Also really good for my recent bad back - heated seats and easy to get in & out of.
Edited by: lochydog

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Good news lochydog. There are a few posts now about problems with Kugas, so I hope that you remain a happy rider.
I have had my car for 4 months and have had (touches wood firmly) not one issue that I can call a problem with the build. So just to set the balance right, there are good ones out there too!

I also gave my heated seats awarm upthis weekend... frst car I have owned that had the option. I like it.

PS: my K also has GG in the registration.... but I'm not tempted to try and give the car a name.... yet!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good question. Never asked myself this before.
Yes, it's very British - please see

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/gee-gee

gee-gee is a word for horse used by children or in adult slang ( a noun).
Further researchsuggests a "Gee-Gee" is the first horse out of the stable. Apparently the term came from the early 19th century, when a child would say "Gee up!" in order to get a horse to start moving.
See also

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/gee_up

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So out I went the other day to the local shopping mall. Parkjed my black beauty amongst the masses. Went in a load of shops. Came out the sun was shining onthis really good looking car. Bloody ****, it was mine! Made me feel really good.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts