Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone suggest a decent one to hoover up my Kuga interior? Where did you get it and how much? Such a nice vehicle needs to be spotless inside and out

·
Registered
6,600 Posts
Is there any that are any good. I've tried various and taken them back, worse being the Black and Decker attempt. Settled on a mains VAX C85-EW-Pe Pet 4 years ago. I didnt get it for the Pet side of things, but its compact, speed-variable suction, bagless, self storing mains lead at the push of a button (and still works OK), hangs on the garage wall with its own extension if I need it (depending where my car is on the drive). I enjoy running the extension out for the VAC, knowing I'm not going to waste my time trying to vacuum the car. Its as good as the Dyson we have under the stairs. The pet version comes with all sorts of attachments including a spinning brush that operates off the vacuum flow.

Edited by: Fillco

·
Registered
563 Posts
We use a battery powerd k teck it's very good use the rotating brush head for anything flatfish and choice off sick res for corners awkward places quite expensive just for car

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
As a now retired self employed geezer I've tried many a battery cleaner and to be honest, never found a good one yet. I totally agree with Phil about Black n Decker though, absolute rubbish. Personnaly I use the mains Dyson even though we have a cordless Dyson

·
Registered
420 Posts
Dyson Animal V6. Perfect for house & car.

·
Banned
1,569 Posts
Daughter bought me a combo one from Lidl that is battery run. It soon clogs up tho and the paper filter need cleaning quite a lot.

The best vacuum I’ve ever used was when I was a traffic cop and we had a “Henry “ cyclinder. It cleaned out my Vauxhall VXR 2.8 turbo lovely. Best traffic car ever for performance and road holding. Would beat a Volvo T5 on a straight out run. (Sorry digressed)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Dyson V7 Trigger (don't know what 'trigger' means - perhaps they meant 'Tigger' but could nor spell!).

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
I think it's called trigger as don't you have to keep your finger on it to make it go. Best vac for car is one with a bag like psshaw says. Cyclonic cleaners may have no loss of suction but they have less to start with compared to a bagged hoover. I have a cheap aquavac that knocks the socks off any bagless cleaner. In fact it would probably suck the socks off. Best cordless for sheer suction is Bosch Ultimate. The one that's about £300. It's suction was so powerful that the wife couldn't push it so sent it back. It was a Which best buy too which makes you wonder how they test stuff when they said it was easy to use on all floors. We proved it wasn't. Never tested it on the car as it was too much money for just that.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Gtech Handheld K9 for us, along with the K9 upright for the house (Mk2's), a godsend with two Labradors in the house!.

Handheld has a powered brush attachment.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
I have a G-tech hand held. I don't rate it tbh. It's not the later one as it was my dad's and I know he bought it before the Air Ram MK2 came out. We have an Air Ram MK2 but no good for the car obviously. I don't need to hoover my car out much. I changed jobs in July and work from home now so the car only gets used at weekends. Rubber mats may not look as nice inside but they make a massive difference on how clean you car is as they only need a shake and a wipe and job done. No young kids, no dogs, restrictive eating in the car, i.e. no sausage rolls and my grandkids are rarely in the car and they waste nothing !

As for the original post I would suggest going to your local Currie's and get them to put the Bosch Ultimate into hand mode and try it as it had amazing suction with the floor attachment. It's cheaper online but still very expensive.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Got myself a "Wicks" wet & dry vac and it's been very impressive in the last 8-10 years I've had it.
Great for the house (wife's got a dyson cordless) but mine is better for a proper job, great for the car and fantastic for the workshop when I'm doing wood cutting etc.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
I have an aquavac for that, made by Goblin allegedly. Great hoover for car and workshop. Cloth bags from Amazon are much better than paper ones and don't rip.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts