Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2018 2.0 ST Line 2.0L Duratorq (110kW/150PS), Shadow Black (Mica) 19inch absolute black rims
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

2018 STLine 20ltr diesel battery died today seemed like it has struggled to turn over randomly over the last 10 days one day its ok next day its not. yesterday i got a oil low warning come up had a major service under a year ago? today nothing battery is completely dead not sure if the battery can be checked or there should have been a warning about the battery so had a look just now and when i turned it on a got a water in fuel service immediately message come up.

would change myself but i don't have one of those adaptor things to reset what need to be reset and ford are taking the xxxx £320 to change a battery.

any ideas or has anyone had this before

cheers in advance

Tim

·
Super Moderator
5,890 Posts
How do.

Same symptoms as mine and then it just died.

AA fitted me a new one and I had the same water in fuel warning.

Cycled the ignition and gave it a run, no more warnings etc.

5 yr warranty on the battery, £200 fitted all done on home start. 👍

·
Registered
2018 2.0 ST Line 2.0L Duratorq (110kW/150PS), Shadow Black (Mica) 19inch absolute black rims
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How do.

Same symptoms as mine and then it just died.

AA fitted me a new one and I had the same water in fuel warning.

Cycled the ignition and gave it a run, no more warnings etc.

5 yr warranty on the battery, £200 fitted all done on home start. 👍
Cheers mate nice one was getting worried

·
Super Moderator
5,890 Posts
Your welcome.
Do you have Ford Assist? That’s what I used. The AA man was here in 20 mins. (Must have been a slack day).
Let’s the forum know how you’ve gone on.

FYI my battery was 4 yrs old. Make sure if you have stop start they fit the correct battery. 👍

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Your welcome.
Do you have Ford Assist? That’s what I used. The AA man was here in 20 mins. (Must have been a slack day).
Let’s the forum know how you’ve gone on.

FYI my battery was 4 yrs old. Make sure if you have stop start they fit the correct battery. 👍
Just got a call from another ford dealership an been quoted £208 fitted 🤷‍♂️ i don't know what ford assist is? we got the car used from trust fraud which has been a nightmare to be honest wont be getting a car from them again.

I will give the AA a call i think we have it as part of our insurance so I'm not sure if that will be the same was they able to do all the resetting for you or do you have the kit needed for it?

Cheers

·
Super Moderator
5,890 Posts
Ford assist came when I had a service, basically breakdown cover.
He had all the leads to plug in and saved all my settings.
a job well done.

When he came he did a full set of tests to make sure it was the battery.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ford assist came when I had a service, basically breakdown cover.
He had all the leads to plug in and saved all my settings.
a job well done.

When he came he did a full set of tests to make sure it was the battery.
will give them a call cheers

·
Registered
2013 Titanium X with 2017 Powershift Conversion.
2,233 Posts
They aren't bad to fit and you can reset BMS from inside the car pressing certain buttons.

£208 isn't horrific though and at least you can go back if it doesn't last it's warranty period.

Stop/ Start cars are very hard on the batteries.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quick update AA came out and fitted new battery the old one was knackered.

I had two messages come up on the dash the codes are below the AA bloke plugged in his gadget and deleted them but they came straight back up again, I left it for a bit and started the it up and switch it off a couple of times and all gone, happy days.
P06DF00 glow duration control unit malfunction
P226900 fuel water content sensor, water in fuel detected

Have a great Sunday

Reactions: Psshaw

·
Registered
2017 kuga 1.5 ST line
284 Posts
Just remember to get the codes cleared as they will still be stored in the ecu and might throw up confusion the next time you have a problem with the car.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just remember to get the codes cleared as they will still be stored in the ecu and might throw up confusion the next time you have a problem with the car.
Cheers,
As far as i know they were deleted by the AA but they came back, i have checked and they are not on the dash anymore but i took a picture so i have a record if anything else happens, hopefully nothing else happens.
If they are still on the ECU ill get the guys to take them off when it gets serviced next.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts