Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone and thanks in advance for any help.

I have a ford kuga mk1 2010 done approx 123,000.

When I use the car it all of a sudden goes into limp mode and put the engine management fault on the dash. (Note) after a few minutes of driving it let's me speed up etc as if it isn't on. I turn the engine off and on again it goes away.

I had a friend come look at the car we went onto a motorway and he gave the car some welly and it kept jolting when revs were applied. He put in the reader send these codes came up.

I have had the DPF looked at already (£75) for a special machine and they said its good and doesn't need to be cleaned.

Every now and then the engine light turns Amber and goes away. I have attached a picture with this, please can someone help garage's cost an absolute fortune.

Hand Communication Device Portable communications device Mobile phone Finger

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sorry the model is Kuga Titanium Tdci 140 2010 mk1

·
Registered
2008 Zetec Kuga Mk1
170 Posts
Both of those are dpf sensor related.

First thing I would do is replace the dpf pressure sensor. (Especially as it sounds like like the dpf itself has been checked)

It's the sensor bolted to the side of the battery carrier with two small rubber tubes (one going to each side of the dpf)

Cheap ebay versions of the sensor are notorious for not working well so just be cautious on trying to save money on the repairs.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Both of those are dpf sensor related.

First thing I would do is replace the dpf pressure sensor. (Especially as it sounds like like the dpf itself has been checked)

It's the sensor bolted to the side of the battery carrier with two small rubber tubes (one going to each side of the dpf)

Cheap ebay versions of the sensor are notorious for not working well so just be cautious on trying to save money on the repairs.

Thanks mate, what about the whole jolting (as if the engine isn't getting enough diesel so it jolts a little) what would you suggest.

I'll change the sensor first and let ypu guys know I get on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts