Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I'd better post this as obviously I'm not going to be the only one.
I had to take my Titanium Kuga back in for it's 1500 mile health check - and as expected she passed.

While there I happened to mention that I was a bit concerned that the carpet under the clutch pedal looked a bit worn, one of the tech guys had a look & found that ithad actually worn into a hole!

He then went from front foot well to boot, having a good old poke about!

Not only is there a hole under the clutch, there are sereral in the passenger footwell, (the carpet was scored for left hand drive model but mine has gone right through), most of the carpetin the passenger footwell has lifted & creased, the carpet around the back seats - where it joins the floor has started to "fluff" & look old! All of it looks tatty, basically it looks like the carpet of a10 year oldFiesta!

The outcome is - my dealer is now going to contact Ford Technical, he's hoping they're going to replace the entire carpet under warranty - watch this space for a update.

Logic tells me that the carpet is obviously bought in bulk, & fitted in batches. Therefore there will be others.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hey Greeny

Thats really bad news - but my dealer said I didn't need to take my Kuga in for a check until the first service
Think I might give them a call and double check after reading your post - thanks hun

·
Registered
227 Posts
Just to add yet another iron in the fire!!! I was also told that I didnt need to take the car in to the garage until the 1st service at 12.5k miles.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK to put the record straight, it is NOT a standard thing for all Ford dealers to have the Kuga back for a 1500 mile check!
My dealer just does this.

As the car is being checked, we sit with a coffee & chat about the car, they say this is a good way to iron out any problems that you maybe having!

The whole point of the post was not to scare you into having a 1500 mile check, SORRY for the confusion.

I was trying to point out that my carpet is not wearing well. So, if you have the same problem, you know that it can & will be put right.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have noticed a bit of excess Piling (bobbling) on the vertical section of carpet in the back (i.e. the bit just under the seat base running down to the floor) which looked a bit messy - thought it was just excess fibres in a new yet to be hoovered carpet being roughed up by the kids feet - will keep an eye on that though now.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
HI Chilluk
This was the 1st place I noticed the wear on mine, then around the passenger footwell.

both of which aren't too bad, but the wear under the clutch is bad, "fluffy" about 5 cm wide by 10 cm deep. The centre of which has now worn down to the underlay.

Still waiting to hear back from my dealer on the outcome with Ford Technical.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
YES - two front mats & full back set.

But the bits that are worn are not under the mats.
Nor would a mat cover them if I had one.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Mine has the rubber mats and they don't cover the area under the clutch pedal, also when your foot depresses the pedal the carpet wears.

Will mention it to the dealer on monday when it goes in for the door seals.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
my door seals have gone too! they just pull off when I open the driversdoor!, and the trim around bit you step over to get in the drivers door has started to lift.

Starting to think perhaps Ford were a bit hasty in the "finishing Touches" in a desperate bid to get them off the production line

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Should've also added

No way should the carpet under the clutch pedal wear!

My son's got a 10 year old Ford KA - no sign of wear under his clutch pedal

·
Registered
8 Posts
Greeny,

I have not noticed a problem under my clutch pedal as I am using old mats from my previous car which nearly go all the way up to the steering column.

However, I have noticed the general poor quality of the whole carpet in the Kuga, having cleaned it thoroughly twice now on the inside (two kids, scouts, beavers, rugby rollerhockey etc), the whole carpet has big cuts and loose flaps in it, around the seats especially, these pull up wheb using a vac, the carpet can be pulled completely out from underneath the centre console from the back seats, and general bobbling is very evident. Reminds me of carpets which were fitted to cars 15 years ago, surely Ford shoul have given us something better that this ??? I thinkthe whole carpet ispoor qualityand will be mentioning it to my dealer when the car goes in to repair the rear wash squirter which has stopped working today

·
Registered
44 Posts
Car went in today for other bits and they looked at the carpet - still haven't got it back but I did speak to man in service dept re the carpet.

He agreed it wasn't right, and is raising a report on it - he said they wouldn't fit a new one yet as (a) it's not quite bad enough right now and (b) I think they have had a few reports as he seemed to know about it and thought Ford might issue a replacement "part" eventually - i.e. a different kind of carpet.

So if in any doubt moan as we might all get a better carpet in time.

I have noticed round the clutch it's a bit bald - not sure it'll got into a hole though as the carpet seems like a stiffer backing with basically some fibres pressed onto it (rather than woven into it) and that is what is coming away / bobbling up - but that's just to my eye of course.

No fix yet for my ESP issue, and they have ordered new strips for the roof - forgot to ask about my squeak...

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I posted the original thread on this subject & have now had an update
My dealers have assured me that the carpet, (along with all the other bits & pieces) will be dealt with

It seems that when the my dealer tech guys rang Ford head office Tech Dept, they were well aware off the dodgy carpet that has been fitted in some of the Kuga's. They assured my dealer that a full new carpet would be fitted in my Kuga under warranty, the new carpet will be a "Ford Standard Carpet" not too sure if that's a good or bad thing

The carpet is now on order, & will take 3 weeks to get here! is it being hand woven by elfs????

So folks keep an eye on your carpets, report any wear & tear to the dealers. Ford are aware of the problem, so by rights you should get it replaced same as I am.

·
Registered
418 Posts
mine goes in tomorrow for some bits - squeaky door seals, air con pipe, etc. and have mentioned the carpet.

Greeny what dealer are you with as I will mention to them?

cheers

cornish

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hi COrnish
I'm with Bumpers Farm in Chippingham, Wiltshire.

They have been 100% helpful on the whole carpet issue.

Hope this helps

Let us know how you get on.
Edited by: Greeny

1 - 20 of 33 Posts