Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I spotted a problem with my Kuga on Sunday, and that is that the carpet doesn't properly join the plastic under the dash of the driver and front passenger footwells.It looks like the carpet has been cut too short.

Therefore, I took the car to the dealer on Monday, and he agreed itwas a problem, but would have to compare it to the manager's one on Wednesday before he could make a call on it. The dealer has just phoned me and said that the manager's is exactly the same, and therefore he cannot do anything about it. I said that I am not happy with that, and neither would he be if his car had the same fault. He said that the carpets are cut to the same size, and even if he ordered a new one it would have the same problem

Has anyone else noticed this problem, or is it just mine and his managers? Also what would you recommend about how I proceed with the dealers? Any help you can provide would be much appreciated
Edited by: Konan

·
Registered
69 Posts
<a href="http://www.kugaownersclub.co.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=184&KW=carpets&PN=1" target="_blank">
Big discussion here:

http://www.kugaownersclub.co.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=184&KW=carpets&PN=1
</A>

·
Registered
119 Posts
Had the front left carpet replaced in mine for the same reason. But the new one is exactly the same. I'm still waiting for ford technical to come up with a solution.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yep, exactly the same problem. Have told my dealer, and they have agreed to have a look at it, when i can get it to the dealership.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I took mine to the dealer for the second time on Friday to compare it to their demo model (whichhas the same problem, but looksa lot worsethan mine), and after a fairly heated debate with the Dealership manager I got him to agree that the way the carpet is fittedis a fault and that it was his responsibility to fix it (after pointing out it hislegal responsibility).

However last night I was told by the Dealer that Ford would not deal with him directly, but only with me

Further to this, after reading the posting on here about the fact that when they fit a new carpet it has the same problem, I am wondering if not to persue this anymore but try and get a free service or something because I don't won't them damaging my car when taking it a part to fit a new carpet to then not have the problem fixed.

I will keep you posted with my progress

·
Registered
119 Posts
The carpet is comes in 3 separate pieces (front left, front right and rear). The front seats do not need to be removed to fit the front carpets, only the trim around the bottom and front of the door and center console. Dealer fitted mine perfectly but was still no good at plastic trim in front of door, so carpet is obviously too short in this area. Still waiting for an answer from ford.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Looking forward to the outcome. I have been back to the dealer twice with the same problem. They fitted extra padding under the front passenger carpet to try to stop the carpet pulling out from the plastic triangle trip at the lower front of the Passenger door. It has helped but is far from perfect.

They also stated that they could do nothing about the wear under the clutch pedal.

I can now see that if this is the standard of German workmanship then no wonder Mercs are forever breaking down!

The Carpet is basically the only thing that has taken the edge of owing the Kuga...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Took the Kuga to the dealer today, they seem to have resolved the carpet issue in the passenger footwell. It appears they have managed to stretch the carpet over the offending " white " underlay. The plastic casing for the light sill has a small gap between, but it is no where near as visible as previous. Not yet sufferered any issues with the carpet in the driver footwell, but will keep you advised. AS said by Raptor, this is the only issue i have had wit hhe the Kuga, it passed the 1500 mile complimentary service by my dealer with no issues!

·
Registered
74 Posts
joe90 said:
The carpet is comes in 3 separate pieces (front left, front right and rear). The front seats do not need to be removed to fit the front carpets, only the trim around the bottom and front of the door and center console. Dealer fitted mine perfectly but was still no good at plastic trim in front of door, so carpet is obviously too short in this area. Still waiting for an answer from ford.

I started this whole "badly worn carpets" topic way back in Oct?

My seats HAD to be removed to fit my new carpet - which is probably as bad as the original!

BUT when they took out my seat they dropped it on the car! damaging the "step". It is now waiting for a new VIN plate as the whole of the side of the car needs respraying. It seems that a Kuga can come in from Germany quicker than a VIN plate can come from Allan Ford!!! I've been waiting since mid Oct.

The damage has now started to rust! Whoo hoo a 08 car that is rusting away - that must be a new kind of record!

AND neither the old carpet or the new carpet fit properly under the drivers side dash board!

Come on Ford listen to us owners & get it sorted!!!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That is terrible Greeny!

Your original posting about howthey damaged your Kuga when trying to fix the problem, coupled with the excuses given by the Dealer about how they would have to take the car apart to fix mine, and the fact that mine wasn't as bad as the Demo model, or another model I have seen, put me off trying to get them to fix it.

Now that I read

"... I've been waiting since mid Oct.
The damage has now started to rust! Whoo hoo a 08 car that is rusting away..."

And

"...neither the old carpet or the new carpet fit properly under the drivers side dash board..."

Makes me think that I should continue my effort to try try and get a free service out of them instead???

·
Registered
74 Posts
Doris is back with the dealer, has been for over a week! They have tried three times to put another new carpet in her (this is the third carpet) the one going in looks as flimsy as the previous two, and does not fit!!!!!!
They are replaceing all the seals & centre console which were damaged in the previous refit, she's having a respray on inner door & frame, a new VIN plate, scuff plate & various other bits! (see previous postings above)
I have been promised she will look as good as new, but to be really honest I find that hard to beleive
Doris has through no fault of her own lost ALL of her appeal! I have decided she has to go :(
I asked my dealer what price I'm likely to get for her and I nearly fell of the chair, I've lost over £10,000 in the eight months I've had her, six months of those were spent fighting to get her fixed :(
I am to say the least very dis......... No sod it say it how it is !
I'm totally pissed of with Ford, from dealer after sales through to Customer Relations. It seems their motto is - we've got ur money get out of my face!
PLEASE PEOPLE check ur carpets, complain if necessary! Use my details if you need Mrs Hawtin, 08 Kuga, Reg & dealer details are all in my previous listings. Do not get stung like me!

I will stay in the group for the next few months so if anyone has a similar problem I can try & help. I shall then join the " I hate my Kuga owners club" I'll put money on it that I won't be on my own long :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Can any of you guys post a picture here so we all can see what the issue actually is? My carpet seems to fit well except for a small area just under the dashbord on the extreme left and right, near the footwell lights. Hardly noticeable until threads like this pointed it out - definately nothing that would warrant fixing.

·
Registered
106 Posts
greeny i totally agree with your comments about ford and there customer care....can i point out if you really are that annoyed with them and the dealer you can complain to the smmt...which is the society of motor manufacturers and traders...telephone number 08707518270....they are quite helpful but they are only open between 10.00am and 12.00 then 2.00pm to 4.00pm.....it might be worth giving them a ring....ive currently got a dispute going on with ford also....hope that helps a bit

·
Registered
138 Posts
On mine, I cut a piece of black plastic and double side taped it behind the footwell lower panels on the outside of the car. This meant the black plastic now covers the white underlay - job done and you can't tell the difference.

PJ

·
Registered
173 Posts
Don't know if anyone else has this slight problem, i've noticed that underneath the mats on the driver and passenger sidefloor the carpet seems rather lumpy or should i say it appears to have more padding towards the centre and flattens out towards the door area. It's not a huge problem but as there has been so many probs with carpet i went and had a look at mine and discovered the above mentioned. Maybe it's normal i don't know....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts