Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had a 3 year service @ 31k was shocked the the rear discs and pads were worn and corroded, my last Kuga’s 2011 brakes were changed at 67k, has anybody experienced the same, is it the electronic handbrake that’s causing the issue. Garage says that they can’t cover under warranty as it’s normal which I think is rubbish :mad:

·
Registered
671 Posts
That's about right, I changed my rear pads at the 31k mark

The rear brakes are used a lot even when you don't know it, Electronic Stability for example. In my opinion better being used than idle then rust up for Mot. (Early Range Rovers were absolutely rubbish, rear Astras are also known for it)

As for disc wear: There is lot on here about (mk2) rear discs being soft and to a degree some replaced on warranty due to corrosion. When it rains and rust forms, the rust particles then make a grinding paste and then the circle of wear starts.

On mine same rear pads as a Vauxhall Vectra (Ferodo on at present)

When my second set of rear pads are worn out (I'll guess at 65k miles) I will be replacing discs as well.
What are your fronts like? Corrode from the inside and you cant see until you take the disc off.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's about right, I changed my rear pads at the 31k mark

The rear brakes are used a lot even when you don't know it, Electronic Stability for example. In my opinion better being used than idle then rust up for Mot. (Early Range Rovers were absolutely rubbish, rear Astras are also known for it)

As for disc wear: There is lot on here about (mk2) rear discs being soft and to a degree some replaced on warranty due to corrosion. When it rains and rust forms, the rust particles then make a grinding paste and then the circle of wear starts.

On mine same rear pads as a Vauxhall Vectra (Ferodo on at present)

When my second set of rear pads are worn out (I'll guess at 65k miles) I will be replacing discs as well.
What are your fronts like? Corrode from the inside and you cant see until you take the disc off.
Front discs and pads all ok

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have just had an 80K km service and have been advised that I need new rear discs prior to MOT in summer due to wear...

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Just replaced my rear pads at 51k. 1 pad down to metal and not a lot left on other 3. Should have replaced discs as well I think but it's on the agenda long with front pads and perhaps discs for not in 6 weeks.

Really surprised they didn't put rears down as advisory on last not as car has only done about 6k max.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts