Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have just purchased a beutiful titanium kuga can anyone explain how the awd works is it classed as full or part time do you actually have to do anything yourself with this is there any display on the control pannel that lets you know the status of this. just trying to get ahead of trhe game before I pick up the car Wednesday thanks

·
Registered
106 Posts
hi there ive got a titanium too...and as far as i am aware it is all automatic ...eg if the car senses loss of traction it goes to awd.....normally it drives just the two front wheels.....and i have got any warning lights to let you know this

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks mate there's so much on this car its almost impossible to remember everything to ask at the dealership when your there, by the way how are you finding yours

·
Registered
113 Posts
The first time you use 4wd, you'll notice the burning smell as the second clutch bites for the first time. And you'll also notice howquickly and assuredlyyou pull away from a junction in the wet without any of the wheels spinning.

·
Registered
106 Posts
well daz im finding the car fine....its just fords customer relations that leave a lot to be desired....that why when i eventually change my kuga i am affraid i will be going back to audi

·
Registered
287 Posts
the AWD system is automatic in that it drives front two wheels and only applies power( drive) to rear wheels when it 'senses' fornt wheel spin or slip. it supposed to be very quick and unobtrusive. only way I can think of testing it would be to have one wheel ( front) on a set or rollers and then apply power. if its just fornt wheel drive the wheel on teh rollers would simply spin freely ..so ideally it should aply power to rear two wheels and car should move forward, assuming you are in a forward gear of course.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
dear citizen x thanks for the reply can you tell me though, is there any visual aid to let you know when the rear wheels are activated

·
Registered
30 Posts
no , the observation of which wheel looses traction and the choice of the amount of torque applied to gain traction, is calculated automatically in milliseconds by the haldex ecu, so no need to be informed with a signal... :)
Edited by: antonisk7-GR

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I picked up the car last Wednesday all I can say is WOW it really is then best car Ive ever had

·
Registered
130 Posts
When I picked my Kuga up June 2008, the dealer advised me that the configuration was that the standard was that the front wheels had 80% and rear wheels 20% power in normal conditions and tha tht Haldex could re-adjust so that there was an even 50%-50% split between front and rear wheels when needed.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts