Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all ....hope some one out there can help....has any one got an awd warning light to say when there kuga is in four wheel drive mode...the hand book says there should be one then contradicts its self in the warning light description part.....can anyone help

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have driven a couple of demo Kugas on icy and snowy surfaces and have done plenty of donuts and powerslides. Only thing that lights up is the ESP lamp if you are sliding or loosing grip. If you switch ESP of, no lamp lights up whith wheel-spin on all four

Great fun

Edited by: sap_2000

·
Registered
130 Posts
The AWD Kuga is in All Wheel Drive mode all the time.

In normal conditions she runs on 80% to the Front and 20% to the rear and can adjust up to 50%/50% as conditions dictate.

I find that the AWD logic is so good that you have to push her really hard before ESP kicks in.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks raptor....sap2000 says try it with out esp on....im assuming you have to got in main menu in comp to turn it off....should be worth a bit off fun

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi,
Can someone pleasetell me what the symbol on the centre display showing a circle with a diagonal line through itmeans? I thought it related to AWD and when it went to 4x4 it would show 2 diagonal lines as a cross to show all wheels working. But readingrecent postsrelating toAWD suggests not.

Thanks

Bernie

·
Registered
63 Posts
Raptor said:
The AWD Kuga is in All Wheel Drive mode all the time.

In normal conditions she runs on 80% to the Front and 20% to the rear and can adjust up to 50%/50% as conditions dictate.

The AWD only kicks in when sensors decide it's necessary, so for the majority of the time it's FWD only. That is why it has the best mpg/co2 figures in its class.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
berniejd said:
Hi,
Can someone please tell me what the symbol on the centre display showing a circle with a diagonal line through it means? I thought it related to AWD and when it went to 4x4 it would show 2 diagonal lines as a cross to show all wheels working. But reading recent postsrelating to AWD suggests not.

Thanks

Bernie
The passenger airbag disable warning light?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for the reply.

If that is the case not sure how i have turned it off but will check the manualand confirm how to turn it back on.

·
Registered
63 Posts
quatroxquatro said:
berniejd said:
Hi,

Can someone pleasetell me what the symbol on the centre display showing a circle with a diagonal line through itmeans? I thought it related to AWD and when it went to 4x4 it would show 2 diagonal lines as a cross to show all wheels working. But readingrecent postsrelating toAWD suggests not.

Thanks

Bernie
The passenger airbag disable warning light?

The passenger airbag can only be disabled by havinga dealer-fit de-activation switch fitted (in the UK at least) so the symbol doesn't mean that.

However I have always wondered what the symbol means - and I can't find any mention of it in the handbook so it's a bit of a mystery...

·
Registered
108 Posts
berniejd - are you talking about the centre display between the speedometer and tachometer? If so, I assume you are looking at something like the average fuel economy or average speed, in which case the circle with diaganol line simply means 'average' as opposed to 'current'.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts