Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have been browsing the group for a few days whilst researching my next car and now I have placed the order I have joined up.

I am awaiting delivery of the 190 AWD ST Line X Edition which will be in around March and is on a personal lease. My second lease as my current one, an Audi A6 saloon expires in March also.

Found the lease via whatcar.com/leasing - 1.5 EcoBlue 1.5 Zetec is 210/month, the ST Line X is 222/month (3 + 35, 8k per year) if anyone else interested, all through Arnold Clark Vehicle Management (no, I am not affiliated).

Will be quite a change from the Audi, been the nicest car I have had to date, 65mpg if driven sensible, can drive for hours, very comfy, smooth and quiet.

I couldnt get to test drive the exact model, only the 1.5 120nhp version (in Auto) and was impressed by that.

Ordered the Agate Black and Tech Pack. I believe that the spec is changing for 21 but cant find a link to this - rear camera, heated rear seats and heated wheel been added to the ST Line X I think?

·
Ford Kuga 2013 Titanium X
448 Posts
Welcome to the forum,

I'm sure you will be happy with your new car, once you get it.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum..lots of helpful folks here to help you with any question you might have about the kuga,
lets us know when you do get the kuga.

Ross

·
Registered
1 Posts
Try putting Ford Kuga my21 price list, in google, it should bring up the price list and the specs
of the 2021 Kuga, they are called editions now, ie titanium edition, st edition etc.
hope this helps, mine was just built on 18/11, mine will be a 2021 2litre diesel stx edition .
hopefully delivery middle to end December, I originally ordered a phev, but cancelled that in the end.

·
Registered
Mk3 ST Line X AWD on order in Lucid Red
7 Posts
Hi there. Also waiting on Delivery of ST Line X AWD in Lucid red. Placed Order on 12th October for mine. Went with options tech pack, driver assistance, spare wheel and retractable towbar.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Welcome to the forum

Ross

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The lucid red is a lovely colour but been a lease, would have been more cost, three metallics were in the base cost

Can you let me know when you get it, or estimates etc as will be able to guage delivery of mine then.

·
Registered
Mk3 ST Line X AWD on order in Lucid Red
7 Posts
The lucid red is a lovely colour but been a lease, would have been more cost, three metallics were in the base cost

Can you let me know when you get it, or estimates etc as will be able to guage delivery of mine then.
Shall do, Once i know something will let you know. Mine on war pension, so was more for the lucid red as well. But the wife loved bright colours and Its what she would have loved to have as well.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi folks, I ordered my new Kuga on the 5th August, and went to pick it up on the 18th November. When I went to the dealership the Motability guy was very helpful and we were quoted 12 to 16 weeks delivery, so not too bad.

On pick up day we had a 120 mile drive home in awful wet and windy weather, but I got home with a huge grin on my face! Compared to my 15 plate Mitsubishi PHEV 3h ( had it 5 years 5 months and 25000 miles), the Kuga is very responsive and great fun to drive. Acceleration is almost 2 seconds faster 0-60 and the steering is spot on.

The Kuga is a 190d AWD Auto 8 ST Line X in Magnetic paint, and is a beautiful car. I also specified the retractable towbar. A really nice surprise was the flappy paddles on the gearbox, which weren't on the standard spec list at the time of ordering.

Apparently in October Ford started adding more kit to all the new Kugas, I read a webpage yesterday that mentioned what they new cars from that date would get added. I can't find it just now but I will look on my big PC tomorrow.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for sharing Malcky, what MPG you getting?

The newer spec adds rear camera and rear heated seats I believe, but not the heated steering wheel which is odd as that was part of the winter pack too.

How do you find the seats? I know it's a personal thing but appears to be a few complaints about them.

I'm still in the 14 day finance cooling off period so car won't even be ordered yet but don't need it until late March anyway.

I've noticed that some cars come with headlamp washers, some don't.... And that's the cars with the upgraded LED lights (tech pack, adaptive lights), can't see any reason why?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks for sharing Malcky, what MPG you getting?

The newer spec adds rear camera and rear heated seats I believe, but not the heated steering wheel which is odd as that was part of the winter pack too.

How do you find the seats? I know it's a personal thing but appears to be a few complaints about them.

I'm still in the 14 day finance cooling off period so car won't even be ordered yet but don't need it until late March anyway.

I've noticed that some cars come with headlamp washers, some don't.... And that's the cars with the upgraded LED lights (tech pack, adaptive lights), can't see any reason why?
Hi TomoFife,

We've only done 180 miles including the drive back from Inverness in the pouring rain and savage winds, but average MPG is 43.2, which after the Mitzi is remarkable,15mpg more! We live on Skye, so you can imagine the weather we get!

We don't need the back seats as it's only the Wife and me, but we found the Kuga very comfortable and it actually is a very good car. My car history is quite varied, being a service engineer by trade I used to drive 50000 miles a year for work with a new car every two years, but the last 5 years I've only been driving 5000 due to my illnesses.

From my VIN plate, I found my Kuga build month was September so it doesn't have the new extras (I would have liked the rear camera but heyho), but I'm very happy with the flappy paddles. My Outlander used to have paddles for the regen braking, so I'm having to conciously remember the Kuga paddles are for gears!

Have a good day y'all

·
Registered
7 Posts
\hi folks,

Here's the webpage I was on about for the specs for new Kugas from the 5th October with the extra equipment.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks, early 40's for that driving sounds promising, I need it to be doing 42/43 at motorway speeds so my fuel allowance pays enough to cover the fuel cost.

Been to Skye many times for work, beautiful part of the country.

Hi TomoFife,

We've only done 180 miles including the drive back from Inverness in the pouring rain and savage winds, but average MPG is 43.2, which after the Mitzi is remarkable,15mpg more! We live on Skye, so you can imagine the weather we get!

We don't need the back seats as it's only the Wife and me, but we found the Kuga very comfortable and it actually is a very good car. My car history is quite varied, being a service engineer by trade I used to drive 50000 miles a year for work with a new car every two years, but the last 5 years I've only been driving 5000 due to my illnesses.

From my VIN plate, I found my Kuga build month was September so it doesn't have the new extras (I would have liked the rear camera but heyho), but I'm very happy with the flappy paddles. My Outlander used to have paddles for the regen braking, so I'm having to conciously remember the Kuga paddles are for gears!

Have a good day y'all

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi TomoFife,

The miles we've done are nearly all on the normal setting, with a few forays into the sport mode. We still have holiday makers here, so we need a car with poke to get round them ogling the scenery, and don't even mention the campervans (although they aren't all bad drivers)!

This next week I'm putting the car in eco mode, purely to test the driving characteristics of the different modes and get more mpg if possible (once a service engineer, always a service engineer), plus I might fuel the car up as that's the only true way to get accurate mpg, but there's still 314 miles in the tank according to FordPass.

·
Registered
2020 Kuga St Line X 2.0D (190) Auto AWD Chrome Blue
34 Posts
My Kuga St Line X 2.0 D 190 AWD Auto is averaging 47MPG. It gets roughly 45MPG round town and 55MPG on a longer run, with a best of 59MPG cruising at an indicated 70MPH in Normal mode. I did once get it down to 40MPG in Sport mode on country roads with hills. (Figures from the trip computer). I don't think that's too bad for a quite heavy SUV with AWD and an Auto.

·
Registered
7 Posts
My Kuga St Line X 2.0 D 190 AWD Auto is averaging 47MPG. It gets roughly 45MPG round town and 55MPG on a longer run, with a best of 59MPG cruising at an indicated 70MPH in Normal mode. I did once get it down to 40MPG in Sport mode on country roads with hills. (Figures from the trip computer). I don't think that's too bad for a quite heavy SUV with AWD and an Auto.
Excellent figures BlueMeanie, I for one will certainly look forward to that sort of mpg! hOW LANG HAVE YOU HAD THE CAR?

·
Registered
2020 Kuga St Line X 2.0D (190) Auto AWD Chrome Blue
34 Posts
My Kuga was new in September.

I do drive fairly gently these days and stick to the speed limits (I usually drive past 'Safety Camera' vans at least twice a day!) which helps my fuel consumption figures.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Those MPG figures are amazing although are in line with a couple of video reviews on YouTube I have watched

1 - 20 of 21 Posts