Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. Im nearly there. Got my reg but still waiting for the car. Didnt even test drive so better be ok

Got some great ideas for modifying. Can't wait for the petrol version and tuned to 300bhp

Rob

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Hi Rob!

Sounds like you own a petrol station

I got my Kuga after reading about it, there were no demo cars when I made the order before the release date. One thing that almost everyone agrees with here on the forum, it's a great drive.

Good luck, cheers!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
picked it up yesterday.......love that start button, not sure on that diesel though. Sure it motors along but nothing like a petrol engine. Think I'm too used to the big 5 litre V8 in the TVR
. I'm sure it will be fine though, excellent car for a runaround

Rob

·
Registered
295 Posts
haha, if you compare it with a 5 litre diesel I understand your doubts!
I haven't driven it yet (still waiting for delivery) but I also think the 136hp for the Diesel could use a little bit more power (my current car is a Beamer 320d). That is why I am getting it chipped.

I don't need full power anymore (pfff, i am getting old
) but a bit extra is always welcome.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
mouse1277 said:
haha, if you compare it with a 5 litre diesel I understand your doubts!
I haven't driven it yet (still waiting for delivery) but I also think the 136hp for the Diesel could use a little bit more power (my current car is a Beamer 320d). That is why I am getting it chipped.

I don't need full power anymore (pfff, i am getting old
) but a bit extra is always welcome.

The reason for the lower powered diesel is simply emissions unfortunately. The road tax bracket for the Kuga is the lowest in its class. Sure you can mod it afterwards but just remember the engine is from a transit and that is a world class engine in terms of reliability and maintainability. Sounds like a cliche' but you will get used to it :)

Rob

·
Registered
295 Posts
OnJag20s said:
The road tax bracket for the Kuga is the lowest in its class.
This is something we do not have in The Netherlands and a lot of other countries. You think they brought the power (and emission) down just for the UK market (and we all have to suffer
)?

OnJag20s said:
Sounds like a cliche' but you will get used to it :)
maybe a cliche but i never get used to more hp
. Maybe for a few days after tuning the engine but after that I am already dreaming again about more POWERRRRRRRRR.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
mouse1277 said:
OnJag20s said:
The road tax bracket for the Kuga is the lowest in its class.
This is something we do not have in The Netherlands and a lot of other countries. You think they brought the power (and emission) down just for the UK market (and we all have to suffer
)?

OnJag20s said:
Sounds like a cliche' but you will get used to it :)
maybe a cliche but i never get used to more hp
. Maybe for a few days after tuning the engine but after that I am already dreaming again about more POWERRRRRRRRR.
The Dutch market is small compared to what Ford sell in the UK. So if you cater for the larger market you get more sales. Have you thought about fitting the 2.2 diesel from the Jaguae X-type or former st mondeo. Lots of torque from that! Also from a transit! Would you want to pay a premium price for the jag part or a cheap price for a ford part? Now you know how they keep costs down

·
Registered
295 Posts
OnJag20s said:
The Dutch market is small compared to what Ford sell in the UK. So if you cater for the larger market you get more sales.
Correct, but i am not talking about the Dutch market only. I compare the European market to the UK market.
In Germany f.i. the also don't have a road tax bracket, so I don't completely understand the emission part.

Maybe Ford marketing also wants to become popular as a "green" brand

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Dont quote me, but the uk market salesover double that of Germany and equal nearly that of the major european countries. I can find out some time if you want?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts