Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not the brightest spanner in the tool box....but can some shed some light..

My 58 Kuga is fitted with auto wipers & Lights. I know how the lights work, by placing the headlamp switch onto "AUTO". Does it need to be there for the wipers as well. In the handbook it mentions having the right wiper stalk pushed up one position, but does not mention having the switch to auto on the light switch. I dont want to put it on auto, move the switch up and the wipers to be in normal intermit mode and scratch the screen.

Also has anyone had problems with the sceen wash bottle using 1ltr of water plus in a few days, even though the screen was hasnt been used. I cant see any leaks or drips etc.

Cheers Phill

·
Registered
65 Posts
the auto light switch has nothing to do with the wipers, the wipers are activated by moving the stalk up one notch and the sensativity adjusted via the dial on the stalk, it is recommended that you dont move the stalk to auto wipe until it starts to rain, as dust can activate them, scratching the windscreen.

·
Registered
119 Posts
SILICA666,
Thanks for that, i didn't know that when the wipers are on auto there is the sensitivity bit. So i am assuming that if you have them on auto and the sensitivity on the highest they will come on quicker. At the moment, when a small amount of rain hits the screen the wipers don't activate. Hopefully this will improve now, thanks again.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I leave the wipers on auto on the first setting and have never had them come on too early. There is another post somewhere that mentions members complaining of the auto wipers not being sensitive enough.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts