Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Is it possible to fit the power tailgate if not fitted as standard. I have a 2019 Trend Auto and would like to fit the power tailgate. Can it be done?

·
Registered
842 Posts
Yes it can and there are two possible avenues: install the factory-fitted parts, or install an aftermarket kit. First option is better and far more expensive, the latter is cheaper, slightly easier, but has a couple of shortcomings. You'll probably have to do both yourself or by an electrician/mechanic who likes a challenge, since no dealer will install the factory parts after the sale.

·
Banned
1,569 Posts
A let me give you another perspective, I visited the local recycling plant the other day and whilst reaching in for some stuff I must have stuck my foot underneath. Needless to say got a right crack on the head as I was coming up at the same time. I rammed it up fully open. That’s the several time it’s had me, I wouldn’t bother.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A let me give you another perspective, I visited the local recycling plant the other day and whilst reaching in for some stuff I must have stuck my foot underneath. Needless to say got a right crack on the head as I was coming up at the same time. I rammed it up fully open. That’s the several time it’s had me, I wouldn’t bother.
Thanks for the feedback. Can the foot sensor be disabled?

·
Banned
1,569 Posts
I think you can pull a fuse, sure I’ve seen others have been clonked by it.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
I think you can pull a fuse, sure I’ve seen others have been clonked by it.
You can fit an Amazon echo to it and make it voice activated.

You can rename Alexa to something else.....you could rename it to codhead lol.

·
Banned
1,569 Posts
“Alexa”
“Yes Phill”
“Define codhead”
“Boot opening”
“No, what is a codhead”
“Boot closing”
“Alexa, what is the definition of a cod-head”
“No definition exists Phill, but as a Artificial Intelligent device, my best guess is someone who either suggests you use the name as an operating command OR a person who uses it as a term of endearment for a loved one”

Reactions: smartguy69

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
I thought you would like my idea for voice activated tailgate opening and closing.

·
Banned
1,569 Posts
You carrot dangler!

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Maybe I should patent the idea but then "copy right" means something totally different in other countries.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts