Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
I have a recall on mine for sulphur. It must be a recent thing as it wasn't there when I bought the car last year.

There are many parameters to make the stop start work on the Kuga. Must have been designed by the same person who designed the dpf regeneration process on the Mazda 2 litre diesel from 2004.

·
Super Moderator
2,066 Posts
No it's not switched off. I still suspect the software.

It probably is a software issue but, unless there is a specific service bulletin EXACTLY mapping the problem the dealer can/will do nothing (except probably charge you a £130+ 'diagnostic' fee).

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
I also think if the blower is about a certain speed it doesn't work. Went to the tip today which is about 1 mile from my house and called at 4 different bins whilst I was there. Blower was on about 3 quarters full and at no point did I stop the car and stop start didn't come on. 1 mile later, back at home with blower on lowest stop start kicked in.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I went for a drive through Suffolk yesterday. I decided to check the battery voltage on my return. 12.2volts. not very high. I put it on charge for about 6 hours. This morning the voltage is 12.6 volts. Went for a drive and the auto/stop start is working. First time for about 3 months! Is it a dodgy cell in the battery? Or in order to reduce emissions is this cunning software telling the alternator not to bother to charge the battery until the voltage is lower? I'm going to suck it and see for a few days and monitor the battery voltage.

·
Registered
133 Posts
mine only started working during lockdown during a 2 hour wait to dump some green waste at the local tip (compost bins were full). After one short trip it stopped again.
The last two weeks I have done my 150 mile roundtrip commute and is working fine, even with AC to lowest temp and mid range fan.
Beware, a slight turn of the wheel will start the engine and also a slight lift off the brake pedal will start the engine.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts