Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys! Just bought Kuga so I thoug I might to ask some questions:)

I have a key less entry and tried combination
Ignition light up with car locked than unlock/lock ignition off same combination than start car lock again and nothing no chime / am I doing something wrong or ...
Btw is there like a book for Kuga with tips and tricks?

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Welcome to the forum, which model and year Kuga do you have.
What are you trying to achieve with the lock unlock combination.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Probably trying to enable auto-lock, or switch between driver-lock and all-door-lock ?

If it's the first (sounds like it, from the description), then you can't, it's disabled, you need to use FORScan to enable the auto-lock.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Thanks for the translation.

Reactions: mark-essex

·
Kuga, Titanium X Sport 2016
273 Posts
Matty
Are you trying to activate Anti hijack (car lock after certain speed). If so you will need ELM327 reader & forscan
to change the settings in the cars BCM.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Probably trying to enable auto-lock ?

Matty
Are you trying to activate Anti hijack (car lock after certain speed).

Auto Lock is too late....... you can be attacked once you enter Kuga, before it is even moving.
On previous car, as soon as I entered car, I manually locked all doors.

I can't really do that on my Kuga.
If I manually lock all doors immediately after entering, the Nav display does not work !

So, generally, I start engine, then lock all doors manually
(I have key fob entry set to Drivers door only, unless I double press)

I do NOT enable auto door Unlock as I approach Kuga, nor Lock as I depart.
(This also prevents wireless key fob door entry hacking by thieves to hijack Kuga whilst on Drive...

If in a potentially dodgy situation, I immediately lock all doors, drive off, then Stop, Stop engine, Start engine, lock all doors manually then proceed.

·
Super Moderator
2,188 Posts
If you lock the doors immediately upon entering the Nav screen does switch off, this is normal as the car thinks that you have exited and left it.

It restores as soon as you start the car.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Mine doesn't !! (didn't)

I drove to the dealer, still no display, until stopped/started locked !

I'll try again next time I go out.

Dealer did suggest a software update, but this takes a whole day !

So next time it goes for service (first time) I'll get it done then.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi Guys, sorry for so delayed answer, yes I was trying to activate anti hijack mode also known as a auto lock when you drive off, in my previous car I could set this up from menu but it’s not a awesome menu in Kuga, my model it’s 2.0 titanium x ? Or titanium it was advertised as titanium x2012,as previous inputs to my post I think I need this elm thing and activate this and that in forscan, it gives me to think what else I can activate... like mirros folding after locking car? Or maybe someone has been through all this ??? I’m very appreciated of everyone’s interest and help!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Btw no nav in mine I read quite a lot about that and nothing compares to Tom Tom so I wasn’t bother to get version with screen, still got usb/bt/aux and all that, but I’m still learning like headlights jet washers are only active when the lights are ON ?

·
273 Posts
Yep Matty
You will need a reader & ForScan to activate, I did mine last weekend.

·
273 Posts
Where in the uk are you Matt, if near Hull I have no problem sorting it for you.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi - I want to activate this feature too - what do you need to buy and links to sites would be appreciated!

·
Registered
936 Posts
A quick guide, or a small FORScan walkthrough, if you like, using the Hs/MS cable, FORScan licenced, and a laptop.

1) OBDII cable with HS/MS switch ELM327 USB modified for Ford ELMconfig HS-CAN & MS-CAN Forscan OBD2

2) FORScan https://forscan.org/download.html

3) Find OBd cable serial and request licence for FORScan https://forscan.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=836

4) Copy-paste these, from the respective thread https://forscan.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=5701

BdyCM CC (Main) - Automatic locking by speed
Automatic locking occurs at 11-12 Km/h.

APIM - Climate button on Sync 3 screen
7D0-01-02: xxxx x3xx xxxx

APIM - See set climate temperature on Sync 3 screen
7D0-04-01: xxxx xxx0 xxxx

APIM - Set Ford ST logo as boot/shutdown screen on Sync 3 screen
7D0-02-01: xxxx 0Bxx xxxx

APIM - Set Ford GT Theme on Sync 3 screen
7D0-03-01: xxxx 04xx xxxx

APIM - Set Ford GT logo as boot/shutdown screen on Sync 3 screen
7D0-02-01: xxxx 0Dxx xxxx
For Autolock, once enabled, process works as intended

5) Connect laptop to OBD, run FORScan, allow it to download the correct settings file. Do a backup of car's modules just to be safe.

6) Follow instructions of FORScan from manual and forum (if you don't know what you're doing, do not change anything that isn't plainly obvious)

7) Before changing anything, note old value and backup file, write new values, key cycle, good to go!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Anyone in the Swindon area got a working ELM? Mine has packed up and I want to make some changes to my New to ME Kuga (Mk1 Tit 2.D)
Appreciate any help.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I'm about 15 miles down the road from you; you'd be more than welcome to borrow mine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm about 15 miles down the road from you; you'd be more than welcome to borrow mine.
Thanks Shezz Got some time off coming up V soon. Will give you a shout in a week or so. Mine used to work on my Mondeo, Haven't used it for a few years, now my laptop refuses to connect to it. Doesn't work for ELMconfig or Forscan so I suspect the device is faulty. I want to do the usual stuff, Drive away locking, drivers door first and reset the seat belt warning to On.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts