Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about buying a Kuga and cant find if there's an auto door locking facility, one that locks all the doors as you move off. Given some of the areas I have to drive thru its a must. Is this possible witha Kuga ?

·
Registered
20 Posts
The car will lock itself if you set the alarm and then accidently unset it without opening the doors. If the door is opened between unsetting the alarm then it won't. Not sure if the keyless entry locks it automatically however. Coming from East London locking the car comes as second nature lol.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thnx - was thinking though (having had 2 cars that do this) that without any driver intervention, the car auto locks as you drive off (usually when you hit 7mph or so). Kinda means i dont have to think about it - and am unfortunately used to that feature now.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
This was discussed on a post some time ago, and it seems that the Kuga does not have the option to autolock as you move off. But, there is a feature which only unlocks the driver door with one push on the remote, and all the doors with a double push. So, if you use this you are almost there. Once in the car if you push the drivers' door lock manually, all the doors lock/unlock.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
35 Posts
There was a way of doing this on the old Focus'es that required some wierd combination of ignition key combo. If i remember correctly it would lock the car once it got over 7mph.

Although unlike the systems in renaults if you opened the door whilst the car was still running, closed and moved off again it wouldnt relock as per the renault system.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts