Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
I've been rubbernecked by bm's, audi's and merc's. Either they are taken aback because they ain't seen another one (neither have I in 4 months) or they are stunned that it's a
Ford! Or..... are they just amazed at how good it looks. We will probably never know.

·
Registered
183 Posts
things seem to have changed now, a 2012 model q5 is availavle for the sdame price as a 2014 mk2.
So im not sure which car is better overall but the audi is keenly priced lately

·
Registered
755 Posts
I think the new Discovery is going to be a good seller, especially if they keep the prices competitive with say the top of the range Kuga's/Honda cr-v's

·
Registered
60 Posts
We'd looked at the Disco Sport but with the kind of spec I was wanting (mid range plus a couple of extras) it was around £40K. And no talking about price.

Tit X Sport plus a couple of extras on its way. I'm not seeing where from a top end Ford to a mid range LR we can go the 13 grand difference. I would have paid for the park assist though, £900 for full-on parallel and perpendicular get you in and get you out.

·
Registered
491 Posts
I have an Audi that has been the most unreliable car I've ever owned having suffered numerous electrical faults and S Tronic gearbox failure. It's a year old and only done 4k as its spent a total of 4+ months at the Audi dealer.
Our friends have a new Discovery Sport (cost 43k) and they say that their Freelander was a more stable and sure footed tow car. The Discovery being affected by cross wind and passing HGV's & coaches far more than the Freelander. Their towing mpg is about 22-23
I tow the same make twin axle caravan with my AWD 180 power shift Kuga and it is rock solid and returns 27mpg towing and it cost 12k less than the Disco Sport.

·
Registered
563 Posts
We fond that the discovery three,s air suspension could not cope with towing and was broken quite a lot towing 3.5tons ford ranger pick up is I believe more than up to the task

·
Registered
29 Posts
Ive went for the Kuga, 3 of my colleagues have went for the Q5 all for September deliveries this year, must admit im getting a lot more car for my money than those with the Q5's. 2 have comparable options that I have and they are looking at 14-16k more for the car, the price really is in the name only.

Speaking with the dealer also, the Kuga is supposedly keeping its residual value and not depreciating as much as some think, whether that's true or not I don't know but 2nd hand Kugas still going for decent prices.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Having come from 2 Audis before getting a Kuga, I wouldn't say you are just paying for the name.
There is no denying that Audis are overpriced when compared spec for spec with a Kuga. But the fit and finish of an Audi is above and beyond that of most manufacturers. Tiny panel gaps, everything is rock solid, and the interior is just a great place to be.
I've had a Kuga since last December, which so far has been more unreliable than my previous Audi's too.
This is all just my opinion, but certainly my next car will be another Audi, or maybe a Freelander.

·
Registered
491 Posts
I've had the opposite experience, my Kuga has been 100 reliable and fault free which is just as well as my Audi R8 which is approaching a year old has spent months off the road with electrical and transmission faults. I will never buy another Audi.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.