Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I'd throw this one out there to see where us Kugans stand on the new Audi Q5 due to be released at the end of the year (I think!?).

I've always been a big fan of Audi and this model looks ace. It will be interesting to see where it slots into the pecking order!?

http://www.audi.co.uk/audi/uk/en2/new_cars/q5.html
Edited by: amser

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh stuff it.... I'm bored!

Just in case you dont spot it... here's the brochure!

http://www.audi.co.uk/etc/medialib/cms4imp/audi2/uk/Products/q5/pdf.Par.0001.File.pdf

Audi reckon...

<BLOCKQUOTE style="MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px" dir=ltr>
"design composed of smooth, sweeping lines, deliberately avoiding the ""˜boxy' SUV shape we've come to expect."
</BLOCKQUOTE>

<DIV dir=ltr>This must have been written before the Kuga was realised!

<DIV dir=ltr>

<DIV dir=ltr>The q5 has 'permanent' AWD. Surely that must hurt the MPG's?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The 2.0ltr Diesel has a claimed combined MPG of 42.1 (vs Kuga 44MPG) and costs £32,100.00!!!

The 3.0TDI is £37,540.00 insurance group 17 & 37.6MPG combined.

There is a massive list of optional extras. I'd hate to imagine what it would cost to include all of the things I have on my Kuga!

I'm not going to draw any conclusions yet as I'm sure ur all going to have ur 10p's worth 1st!

·
Registered
126 Posts
I think it looks more like a Bigger version of the Ford fusion (which is naff)
and I'm not saying that cos I'm a Kuga owner as Audi do make some hot looking cars
but this isn't one of them.

·
Registered
110 Posts
In comparison with the Kuga, the Audi is positively boring and as for avoiding the 'boxy' shape, that's exactly what it does have (in my opinion, of course!)

·
Registered
108 Posts
Audi can keep the q5... it looks as bland as a brown paper bag... just like the audi cousins in theVW range... R8 is the only audi worth having!

also had a chat with a vw golf suv owner (whatever its called???) in lakeside car park - owner was gutted coz he prefers the kuga than the v-dub... lol he was givning my kuga the once over and i caught him right in the act as i came out of the shops hahaha

·
Registered
17 Posts
amser said:
Does anyone have anything positive to say about the Q5!!?!

Actually I think the interior is fantastic.... as with most Audi's this is where they really nail it. But I must agree with most of the other comments that outside it does nothing for me.

What with the significant price difference between the Q5 and the Kuga I dont think Audi are targeting the same market (unless they really do believe a badge is worth £15k!!) maybe thereIS something special about it.... but from where Im sitting I really cant see it.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Really disappointing. I love the Q7, but then again I like the Toureg, but the Tiguan is horrid. I thought the Q5 would be classy, but its just dull.
The only positive is the interior shot has an automatic gearbox and VW/Audi have a first glass DSG gearbox on their autos.

They can keep it at £30k+ though

·
Registered
126 Posts
<A name=OLE_2></A><A name=OLE_1>I think that's bad, as it seems like for an extra £10k for the entry level model when comparing the specs all you're getting for an extra £10k is the Audi badge, we will have to wait and see if it sells.</A>
<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />
It does have some good points as it looks good from the rear but that's it and you can personalise the interior with the options that are available a lot more than you can on the Kuga, But Ford are promising to increase the interior options on the Kuga.

·
Registered
126 Posts
My brother drives an X3 and has admitted after driving my Kuga that all he got for all that extra money was the Badge, the name and the image. But he likes his X3 and is going to keep for another year and it's unlikely he would get a Kuga as the blue oval badge wouldn't do his image any good (well they say a fool and his money are soon parted
).

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Quite agreeand even the dimensions aren't hugely different if you see them parked side by side. In fact I think my Kuga was slightly taller ( not that that makes a huge diference! )

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Every X3 I have passed... the driver has made a special rubbernecked effort to catch an eyefull of the Kuga. I'm sure lots of X3 owners will be swapping for the blue oval when the time comes!

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I have recently read an article on the internet ( but I can't seem to find it again) saying that drivers who are more discerning and have money tend to go for top of the range Fords (Kugas?) rather than being impressed by flashier more obvious status symbol cars- or is that what they call inverse snobbery?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts