Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I've got a Mk2 2013 Titanium X with nav and voice control. I've done a lot of digging on here and there is some great info. By the sounds of it my ACM is broken with all the symptoms I'm having. I've got the unit out and the part number is CV4T 19C107 GF.
My question is, do I need to replace it with a G revision radio or can I use any? I'm not sure how much integration this part has or is it purely the audio control and all revisions are the same?
There a lots on ebay with the NJ revision number out of 2015/16 models. A couple of RD models out of 2015 models and an XB.
There is 1 GE model but its nearly 3x the price!
So any advice would be appreciated!
Cheers.

·
Administrator
Ford Kuga 2013 Titanium X
1,897 Posts
Hi @AstonB92, welcome to the forum.

Firstly, Please take a minute to fill out your car model in your signature, it helps us when answering your questions and saves you having to type it in all the time. Details can be found here…………Welcome to the Forum, Please Read

As for your question, @smartguy69 is our resident expert on the ACM, he's done a lot of research on them. I do know that they're not all the same, a few of us swapped from Sync 1 to Sync 2 and now Sync 3 and the ACM is definitely different between 1 and 2.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi @AstonB92, welcome to the forum.

Firstly, Please take a minute to fill out your car model in your signature, it helps us when answering your questions and saves you having to type it in all the time. Details can be found here…………Welcome to the Forum, Please Read

As for your question, @smartguy69 is our resident expert on the ACM, he's done a lot of research on them. I do know that they're not all the same, a few of us swapped from Sync 1 to Sync 2 and now Sync 3 and the ACM is definitely different between 1 and 2.
Thanks I've updated as requested. I've seen the upgrade to sync 2 but I've seen on your signature you've upgraded to sync 3.
Is it a serious job or not to bad with a bit of planning? And I suppose the obvious question is, how easy is it to **** up!?

·
Administrator
Ford Kuga 2013 Titanium X
1,897 Posts
Yes, I subsequently upgraded to Sync 3, It's quite involved but very doable. Just need to do a lot of preparation and take your time. Upgrading to Sync 3 from Sync 2 is a doddle in comparison.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, I subsequently upgraded to Sync 3, It's quite involved but very doable. Just need to do a lot of preparation and take your time. Upgrading to Sync 3 from Sync 2 is a doddle in comparison.
I may end up looking into it as its a really good upgrade. Its my wife's car though so it may be easier to just get it working again first! Then try an upgrade later. That being said, if it turns out I can only by a specific ACM which cost £350, I might consider the upgrade. Hopefully someone knows which revisions are ok with my car.
Cheers

·
Super Moderator and Mr Grumpy
6,706 Posts
Thanks I've updated as requested. I've seen the upgrade to sync 2 but I've seen on your signature you've upgraded to sync 3.
Is it a serious job or not to bad with a bit of planning? And I suppose the obvious question is, how easy is it to **** up!?
Hi @AstonB92 and welcome to the forum. I guess looking back the upgrade to sync 2 is fairly straightforward but it is extremely time consuming. I bought all the bits, made a start, got it maybe 80% working and then gave up. Not being one to be defeated I had another go and with @andspenka and @balders help, I have a fully functioning Sync 2 system. In between the first and second attempt I did a lot of research on programming of the APIM and ACM on various forums and got my head around the install on the second attempt.

It is not for the faint hearted with some in car soldering if you plan on doing it properly. Trying to get a sync 2 or 3 screen aligned correctly in a dashboard that wasn't designed to take it was a PITA.

On your ACM they are programmable on the Kuga. DO NOT buy one from a focus or C-max. The mondeo and edge ACM is also programmable but I don't know if they would work in a Kuga. I would try and get one from a similar year and model to yours if you can. Whatever you get unless it's the exact same number including the last two letters my guess is you may need to programme the unit with forscan and a Ford compatible OBD reader. You will need that anyway if you are planning to upgrade.

For what it's worth the dealers on eBay are charging ridiculous prices for an ACM in my opinion. I paid £30 for my sync 3 ACM. I will send you an email address for you to contact someone who would sell you an ACM without it costing you a limb.

Reactions: andspenka

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi @AstonB92 and welcome to the forum. I guess looking back the upgrade to sync 2 is fairly straightforward but it is extremely time consuming. I bought all the bits, made a start, got it maybe 80% working and then gave up. Not being one to be defeated I had another go and with @andspenka and @balders help, I have a fully functioning Sync 2 system. In between the first and second attempt I did a lot of research on programming of the APIM and ACM on various forums and got my head around the install on the second attempt.

It is not for the faint hearted with some in car soldering if you plan on doing it properly. Trying to get a sync 2 or 3 screen aligned correctly in a dashboard that wasn't designed to take it was a PITA.

On your ACM they are programmable on the Kuga. DO NOT buy one from a focus or C-max. The mondeo and edge ACM is also programmable but I don't know if they would work in a Kuga. I would try and get one from a similar year and model to yours if you can. Whatever you get unless it's the exact same number including the last two letters my guess is you may need to programme the unit with forscan and a Ford compatible OBD reader. You will need that anyway if you are planning to upgrade.

For what it's worth the dealers on eBay are charging ridiculous prices for an ACM in my opinion. I paid £30 for my sync 3 ACM. I will send you an email address for you to contact someone who would sell you an ACM without it costing you a limb.
Hi, appreciate your time. Yeah if yoy can send me an email address that would be great. I agree the prices are crazy, I upgraded my car (vw) to carplay app radio system for £250 and the ACMs for the kuga are going for £150 to £350!
I think at one point I'll upgrade the unit to sync 3 as she's planning on keeping the car a few more years yet. But for now it would be great to just get the sound working again.

·
6,706 Posts
Hi, appreciate your time. Yeah if yoy can send me an email address that would be great. I agree the prices are crazy, I upgraded my car (vw) to carplay app radio system for £250 and the ACMs for the kuga are going for £150 to £350!
I think at one point I'll upgrade the unit to sync 3 as she's planning on keeping the car a few more years yet. But for now it would be great to just get the sound working again.
I emailed the contact I have and just waiting for him to reply. He's not quick at responding. I did test a focus sync 2 one in mine as I didn't realise at the time they weren't programmable but the radio worked but no Bluetooth or reverse beepers.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I emailed the contact I have and just waiting for him to reply. He's not quick at responding. I did test a focus sync 2 one in mine as I didn't realise at the time they weren't programmable but the radio worked but no Bluetooth or reverse beepers.
Cheers. Hopefully they have the same model. If I get one that has come from a titanium X do you think that'll fit without programming or will still need some tweaks?

·
6,706 Posts
I would have thought titanium or Titanium X. When I changed mine from sync 1 I had to change one setting to get my parking sensors to work through the speakers. Looking at the info I have I don't think you will have that problem on a sync 1 ACM. A sync 2 ACM may work but you may need to programme it with your settings. It's not that difficult.

If you can find a 19C107 ACM cheap enough it may be worth buying it and giving it a try.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just thought I'd give and update. Managed to get hold of the same part but GG revision not GF and works perfectly, no need for additional coding as everything works as it should. Cheers for the input guys and if I do brave going to a sync 2 or 3 I'm sure I'll be begging for advice once again!

·
6,706 Posts
That's great news @AstonB92 - thanks for keeping us updated.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts