Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

After 8 longweeks i finally have news that my Kuga will be at the dealership next week and ready for collection on either Fri 3rd or Sat 4th April...
am obviously getting pretty excited aboutit now and will post more once i've picked it up.

Graham

·
Registered
731 Posts
Hi BigG,

What great news! The old butterflies will definitely start fluttering. Are you tempted to go and see your Kuga before you pick it up? I did. I was expecting it to be quite messy and dirty but it wasn't.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Kugacat

Ha Ha i would love to but unfortunately it's miles away so i'll only be making the one trip, i just hope all will be ship shape when i arrive....

G

·
Registered
268 Posts
Hi Big G !!

Its really great to read that your long wait is nearly over !!! KugaCat is absolutely right about the butterflies !!! But it will so be worth it when you drive away from your Dealership (who are long established and have a reputation for Good Customer Service!) which is in my birth Town !!!
I am sure everything will be good and I hope you have a Smooth Handover !!!

Haven't been on the site for a while... Good to see lots of activity still going on!!!

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi there KugaBabe

It's nice to know that you think the dealership is a good one. I have to say that they have been really good up til now and should be getting a phone call sometime today as to the exact date for pick up. It's a shame they are so far away as i'm slightly worried if something does go wrong as won't be able to take it back there.

I have got my fingers crossed as i've been reading about poor DarrenB's experience and certainly don't what anything like that to happen to me

Am going to go through everything during the handover just so i am very clear on what to do in the event of a problem/breakdown and what they will do about it too. That's one of the reasons i'm going to collect it rather than having it delivered, so i can have a good look around it and meet the person i have been dealing with and of course try out the new toy down the M6 and M42..

Will keep you posted.

G.

P.S. Have just found out that i will be able to pick it up at 1pm on Friday 3rd April...Yeah!

Edited by: BigG

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi everyone

After such a long wait i headed off to Wolverhampton today and picked up 'Pixie' (reg ends in PXY so i've had no choice
) and have to say what an absolute delight and joy to drive. The handover went really well,only gripe though was practically no fuel in the tank even when i've saved them so much money on delivery (cheeky robbing gits..).

Everything was as ordered and after i was completely happy and signed my life away i set off towards the M5 and headed south in beautiful sunshine and had the most wonderful drive back home. No rattles or squeaks,just the purr of the engine. I'd never had cruise control until today and boy did i make the most of it,talk about a new toy.

This is my 3rd brand new (drive off the forecourt) carand without doubt the best yet,it gave me such smile on my face and certainly feel like i've made the right choice. We'll see how the next few days and weeks pan out as it's only time that will tell of course.

I also checked the average fuel consumption and i got 39mpg which didn't think was too bad for it's first run.

Will keep you posted

Regards to you all

Graham

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
championkuga said:
Well come on then! Whats your verdict? I bet you wish you had bought a Quash Quai instead eh?

Lol, you must have been typing out that cheeky statement whilst i was writing my epic novel on my first journey. For being so cheeky Sarah i'm afraid you are now in GRAVE trouble.....sorry coundn't resist. (don't let the undertaker see this
)

G.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Congratulations Graham& Happy New Kuga Day !!!

I am so pleased that you have finally got your Kuga !!

It sounds like EH in W'ton looked after you ok ? I hope you found that my fellow Black Country people know how to provide a great "Customer Care & Courtesy" service ?!?

I won't be back on site until end of April as I'm off on hols in a couple of days, so I hope that the "SummerMeet" gets organised as I think its a great idea !!!

I am still loving my Kuga and have just done 1000 miles now.... average mpg is 35... methinks my right foot is loving it a little too much maybe
(Too much "Top Gun" type music I think....lol....)

Take Care and Happy Kugaring !!!

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
KugaBabe said:
Congratulations Graham& Happy New Kuga Day !!!

Aw thanx KugaBabe

I got looked after very well thank you and hope it stays like that

Have a great holiday and we'll hopefully have something more solid on a meeting day when you get back.

Catch you soon

G

·
Registered
374 Posts
Well done BigG, I'm glad Pixy put a smile on your face, I bet it was a DEAD nervous drive back home. We wait to see the pics, or is that Pix of your lovely new Kuga??? SOON.....

·
Registered
731 Posts
Hi Big G,

What brilliant news, you've finally got her, I assume your Kuga is a 'her' with a name like Pixie, not sure if Ive spelt that right!! Anyway enjoy your Kuga you have waited long enough!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts