Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Ford Kuga MK2 2014 Titanium X Sport 4x4 2.0TDCI 180PS Manual Sync1
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My plastic armrest rattle. I wish to do something with it. I have trying felt tape everywhere where I could but it still isn't quiet.
Screenshot_20210113-113248_eBay.jpg year 2014

I thinking to replace it to leather lifting version, it could be possible?
Screenshot_20210113-113126_eBay.jpg year 2017

Is it newer one better, or it rattle too?

·
Ford Kuga 2013 Titanium X
769 Posts
@balders did this in his previous Kuga

·
Kuga, Titanium X Sport 2016
319 Posts
I did.....worked but it was a **** of a lot of work. Would I atempt it again...... Nope. If you could make the whole rear part fit as in your photo, then yes it would be a great improvement.... 😊😊😊

Reactions: andspenka

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for bringing me back to ground. So probably I will put some more felt tape, PTFE spray and propably some hot glue gun ;)

·
Registered
986 Posts
Do you want it to stop rattling or do you want to upgrade to leather ? There's no guarantee you'll get both if you upgrade. If it's about the rattle, then WD40/silicone/grease the **** out of it. If it's about the leather, you can always buy a bespoke leather cover and glue it over the plastic one.

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
I have a spare arm rest from a C-max. Not sure how it comes away from the console but looking at balders quote above I think it will be something I will leave. It may be easier with the console off the car.

·
319 Posts
This is what hat I'm looking at adding... I hate the crappy arm rest.....

Reactions: andspenka

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
Nice but what colour is the stitching on your steering wheel.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
319 Posts
Leather will be nice. I found on Ebay it cost 29.99£ GREY STITCHING REAL LEATHER ARMREST LID COVER FITS FORD KUGA MK2 2013-2017 and like you said have to glue it in.

But you can get whole armrest with all back console part Ford Kuga MK2 2017 On Centre Console+Leather Armrest #S6 for 39.95£

I will really think about this. But @balders are you sure it will fit?
The 2017 arm rest won't fit, it has a different fitting to hold it down. The one you and I have is magnetic, the newer one uses a latch. I have the full center console and tried to fit it to my previous kuga but its completely different

·
Registered
986 Posts
If you order from that guy on eBay, you can order it with different stitching, have done so myself a couple of times for similar mods in previous cars ;)

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well, so I leave existing plastic one and I will just glue leather on top, also on handbrake 😀

Rattles are mostly annoying in winter at morning. I thinking to just disassembly it and add everywhere felt or thin foam.

Screenshot_20210114-101809_eBay.jpg Screenshot_20210114-101744_eBay.jpg

·
Registered
986 Posts
I wouldn't do the handbrake, at least not by glueing anything over it. I would much rather find a decent replacement or a bolt-on cover.

Also for the rattling issue, are you sure that all bolts are tightened ? If it was squealing or creaking, I would consider felt or some lubricant, but rattling indicates something's not properly tightened......

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
@FLA242 Great job. This felt gives better finish than plastic.

@The Ace Yes you right. I'm not clarified my issue but creaking noise exact describe my problem 😜

1 - 20 of 20 Posts