Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am asking as i would like to put some focus red brake calipers on my kuga after i have just upgraded my alloys to vignale gunmetal grey and think the red calipers would look nice with the grey

·
Super Moderator and Mr Uses Lots of Words
5,387 Posts
I am asking as i would like to put some focus red brake calipers on my kuga after i have just upgraded my alloys to vignale gunmetal grey and think the red calipers would look nice with the grey
Why don't you just paint your existing calipers red. It would be a lot cheaper.

I know you are not new but a read here with instructions of how to update your signature will help other members know what car you have as we have three generations of Kuga now.

(1) Welcome to the Forum, Please Read | Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Why don't you just paint your existing calipers red. It would be a lot cheaper.

I know you are not new but a read here with instructions of how to update your signature will help other members know what car you have as we have three generations of Kuga now.

(1) Welcome to the Forum, Please Read | Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums
I can get a second hand original ford focus powder coated red front pair of £50 saves me a lot of hassle taking mine off masking off rubbing down etc etc then waiting to dry and harden before reassemble

Reactions: smartguy69

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
BV612B294 Ford Part numbers seemed to fit Transit Connect, focus mk3 and Kuga mk2 from what im seeing on some of the listings..??

·
5,387 Posts
BV612B294 Ford Part numbers seemed to fit Transit Connect, focus mk3 and Kuga mk2 from what im seeing on some of the listings..??
@Martin1977 maybe able to answer your query. At first I thought it was him asking the question. I think you may have to get the Focus ST calipers looking at this link from the Escape site. I believe the mk1 Kuga ran 300mm front discs where the mk2 has 320mm which may have a bearing on what calipers you can use.

Will see what Martin has to say as I am sure he mentioned at some point he uses Focus ST pads on his.

Do aftermarket Focus (ST or otherwise) brakes fit our FE's? | 2013+ Ford Escape Forum

Reactions: keithmac

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the focus states they need 320mm discs which my mk2 has
believe there 25mm thick

·
Registered
531 Posts
@Martin1977 maybe able to answer your query. At first I thought it was him asking the question. I think you may have to get the Focus ST calipers looking at this link from the Escape site. I believe the mk1 Kuga ran 300mm front discs where the mk2 has 320mm which may have a bearing on what calipers you can use.

Will see what Martin has to say as I am sure he mentioned at some point he uses Focus ST pads on his.

Do aftermarket Focus (ST or otherwise) brakes fit our FE's? | 2013+ Ford Escape Forum
On the Mk1, I did indeed fit Focus St mk2 brakes as @smartguy69 says, Discs / pads / callipers / custom braided lines ...the mk1 kuga discs are 300mm as standard, the focus STs are 320mm. pics are on HERE

I know that might not be much help on the Mk2 platfrom that you have though!!!

·
5,387 Posts
Looking at Euro Car parts the MK2 Focus ST up to 2010 has the same 320mm disc as my 15 plate Kuga. Same part number, 10459246A . ECP do list a 336mm disc for the Focus ST as well.

The Focus 2 litre petrol for a 2014 car shows the same disc size as my 2015 Kuga at 320mm and same part number.

I don't know anything about the Focus but on ECP they list a 2.3 litre from 2015 which has 350mm discs.

I would try and get a registration number or vin number for the Focus before purchase so you can do your own checks but from the little bit I have done it would appear Focus discs are the same as the Kuga so perhaps calipers are as well for the mk2 Kuga.

It may be difficult cross referencing part numbers as even if the calipers were identical, Ford being Ford would have a different part number for Focus, Kuga etc or at least they do have with most things I have checked. The part number listed in post number 4 would seem to point at a Focus ST.

On Ebay the part number for Front N/S for a mk2 Kuga is AV612B294AA which is nearly identical part number.

For £50 its perhaps worth a punt. I would suggest making sure the caliper comes complete with the carrier.

Reactions: Martin1977

·
Registered
531 Posts
Looking at Euro Car parts the MK2 Focus ST up to 2010 has the same 320mm disc as my 15 plate Kuga. Same part number, 10459246A . ECP do list a 336mm disc for the Focus ST as well.

The Focus 2 litre petrol for a 2014 car shows the same disc size as my 2015 Kuga at 320mm and same part number.

I don't know anything about the Focus but on ECP they list a 2.3 litre from 2015 which has 350mm discs.

I would try and get a registration number or vin number for the Focus before purchase so you can do your own checks but from the little bit I have done it would appear Focus discs are the same as the Kuga so perhaps calipers are as well for the mk2 Kuga.

It may be difficult cross referencing part numbers as even if the calipers were identical, Ford being Ford would have a different part number for Focus, Kuga etc or at least they do have with most things I have checked. The part number listed in post number 4 would seem to point at a Focus ST.

On Ebay the part number for Front N/S for a mk2 Kuga is AV612B294AA which is nearly identical part number.

For £50 its perhaps worth a punt. I would suggest making sure the caliper comes complete with the carrier.
The 2015 Focus 2.3 is the RS model. The big blue brembo calipers DO fit but need spacers and different discs etc, its a LOT of work to make them compatible with a kuga..

Also worth mentioning that the mk2 Focus ST and RS calipers and discs are different are aren't interchangeable due to the RS model having the Revo knuckle suspension. They're sometimes sold 2nd hand as fitting both models (they don't).

·
5,387 Posts
The 2015 Focus 2.3 is the RS model. The big blue brembo calipers DO fit but need spacers and different discs etc, its a LOT of work to make them compatible with a kuga..

Also worth mentioning that the mk2 Focus ST and RS calipers and discs are different are aren't interchangeable due to the RS model having the Revo knuckle suspension. They're sometimes sold 2nd hand as fitting both models (they don't).
In summary then I think we could assume that the Focus calipers from the same year as the Kuga mk2 will fit providing they come from the Focus ST.

·
Registered
2017 ST-Line 1.5 TDCi manual
23 Posts
I am pretty sure the MK2.5 had a red caliper option during the last year of sales. I will try and find the brochure

·
Registered
2017 ST-Line 1.5 TDCi manual
23 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Went ahead and painted in the end got some ford logo vinly put on aswell
heat resistent paint £8
logo 4 for £5

Attachments

·
5,387 Posts
Looks well.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
took me half to whole day just for 1 wanted to take me time and allow for drying 2 coats, also painted the spring clip glossy black was fed up of the rust colour

Reactions: SiJY and smartguy69

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
also changed pads while there had about 3mm left

Reactions: Martin1977
1 - 17 of 17 Posts