Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I'm now around 1,000 miles in and really happy with the Titanium.

It came wit the standard 17" alloys as it was a stock car, but I have an agreement that I can swap the wheels with their demo at the first inspection service if I want to (at no cost to me).

They are trying to tell me that they will give a harder and more noisy ride.

Is this true? or are they just trying to keep the 18's to themselves ?

Has anyone out therebeen in both ?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Not sure whether the noise will increase but the ride will be a bit harder due to the lower profile of the 18" tyres,alan

·
Registered
18 Posts
got the 18" on mine and they are fine.road noise and ride are fine. ive got zetec in vision and the wheels realy do make the car imo.

gary

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have gone the opposite way to most of you wheel changers. bought my Tianium with the blingy 19", done 2000 on those, no complaints, slightly firm but goes round corners as if on rails. Bought a set of standard titanium 17"off E-bay on Thursday, 4brand new rims and tyres £ 350 nobody else bid! the reason i did it was that i wanted a winter set of wheels to keep the blingers in top condition for summer , also 17" have 4x4 higher profile wall tyres that i thought would be more suited for winter driving. and a replacement set of tyres for the 19" will cost a lot more than that ,only drawback was that i had to drive 300mile round trip to get them , but what the heck, I was in a Kuga! put them on to day just to make sure they wern't square, drove 50 miles.
differences :- not a lot and exactly what you would expect. noticeably softer ride even at 35 psi, a little bit quieter but not much.maybe a small amount of bodyroll but very little.

Overall I would say you won't be be dissapointed whichever size you pick. Go for what you fancy, and if you haven't driven another size you won't know any different. took me about an hour to change them using a smally trolly jack and an 12 volt impact wrench, i think i can get it down to 30mins next time. i found the most difficult part was lifting thereplacement wheel 1/2 " off the ground to line the studs up, these new sticking plasters are quite good though!

Colin.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The 17" for £350 was a complete bqrgain - the tyres alone would cost more than that.

Thanks to all for the info. I think I'll relieve the dealer of the 18" set. andI look forward to telling them.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Doesanyone fancies a swap their 18"s for my 17"?

Only 1000 miles on them. Couldnt get them as an option on the availble stock whenordered.

Open to offers...

Mike

·
Registered
106 Posts
ive got 18 s on mine...and it handles very well and noise is not a problem...i think the dealer ship is trying to keep them as they are quite a bit extra to buy compared to the 17 s.

if it was me i would go for it

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Swapped yesterday from the dealer demoand all great. If anything, they're quieter than the 17's.

Dealer didn't seem too pleased he lost his 18's. :)

·
Registered
374 Posts
as said, the 17"s are more comfortable on ride, looks is personal taste and 18 with the corrected profile tyres on should handle better, although if that is really important then maybe an st would be better suited?? Like I say i think its personal and your individual (which of course is what a lot of the price to pay for the Beast is all about) desire and cost. we are all different..........thankfully.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts