Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Titanium X 150 Magnetic
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I’m new to the Forum scene so apologies if I am not posting this correctly.
I currently have a 2015 Kuga 180 manual 23000 miles I looking at a 2019 150 St line but would like a similar power to the 180. I would like to hear from anyone who has Re mapped a 150 and how they have got on with the re map.

·
Registered
931 Posts
The common remap (by almost all known tuners) reaches south of the 200HP-mark, nice round 30Kgm torque, and it's probably how it should come from factory. Redline is now actually usable, there is a payoff when staying on the gas pedal, and it shaves seconds off every acceleration (standstill or rolling) time you can think off. Top speed is increased too, while mileage does not suffer, even improves just a tad...

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply, I have seen re maps advertised and the claims made. It would be good if at all possible to hear from someone who has had a re map if it makes any real difference in day to day driving and if they have experienced any problems. which brand they have and who installed i live in Bedfordshire so local to me would be a real help. Recommendation is always helpful. thanks in advance for your replies.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Hi Jeffb welcome to the forum there are a few on here who have remapped their kuga’s with companies like bluefin (superchips),,Celtic tuning,quantum tuning. With bluefin you can remap it your self and take it off with a hand held device and laptop..I’m sure someone here who has done it will come along to help you more .
There are bluefin videos on youtube.
Ross

·
Registered
400 Posts
I had a collins remap installed in my Kuga, made an enormous difference. Better pick up and take off, higher torque and BHP, any fuel saving is removed by the increase in driving style.... a lot of places offer a moneyback guarantee... give it a try and if you don't like it, have it reverted back to standard.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for your replies, can anyone recommend a re mapper in Bedfordshire . I selling my current Kuga which is a 180ps and looking to buy a 150ps then map it back Upto around 180 which I have found is fine for a Kuga. Thanks

·
2,869 Posts
Keep in mind you'll want to use the highest octane fuel if you get a remap.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Trying google,,I know quantum have a garage not far from where I live which can do it,,I didn’t know until I googled it.or not try superchips (bluefin) you can buy a hand held device and do it yourself like I mentioned above.videos on YouTube.
phantom tuning,,mapmycar group,auottronix,,,all Bedfordshire,,,loads more if googled.

Ross

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi just a quick update, I have had a re map done, there is a very noticeable difference in power output and delivery don’t know about economy yet as still playing with the go pedal to much. Thanks for you input everyone. Well worth doing.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Which company remapped your kuga?

·
Registered
283 Posts
Bluefin remap should increase it to nearer 200PS on both 2.0 TDCi & .5 Ecoboost. Also, as it's only stage one no need to use higher octane fuel (optional). I only ever treat the car to it now and again as an overall engine preventative measure. Mine is probably over 200PS now with a Buefin (1.5 petrol with K&N panel filter) & can vouch it absolutely flies with very noticeable torquesteer in first few gears if driven hard.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts