Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

81 - 100 of 112 Posts

Mr. Forgetful
ST-Line Edition 2019 AWD - Petrol - Auto
Yay, glad you've finally had it done.
You can't really compare a Fiesta with a Kuga; they're at opposite ends of the car spectrum, but the remap has changed mine loads and I find it's a great compromise. MPG hasn't been noticeably different for me.
Enjoy 馃槂馃憤

Registered
Same for me - maybe I had a good engine to start with but now feels super fast through 2nd and 3rd gears especially. I can't believe a K&N filter will count for that much as that's the only difference between yours and mine. Probably about as fast as my 2.2 TDCi S-Max with a Bluefin too.

Reactions: Phil Doggo

Registered
The increased HP and torque are there, I have the dyno to prove it :D Maybe it's just me, I went in with higher-than-normal expectations, maybe the Fiesta was too good as a reference point, dunno.....Plus the fact that my Kuga appeared to be really strong in stock form, about 160HP and 260Nm

I too have an aftermarket Ramair filter so this could be a -positive or negative- factor as well, I am currently pondering about getting the 57s kit.

Registered
Maybe it's because the power and torque curves start a little after than the diesel but go on until at least 6000rpm so every day driving there is no real increase. Saying that around town I am managing 32mpg minimum so not that bad!

Registered
I average less than 20mpg, so lower revs really mean little to me 馃槇

The remap adds about 80Nm between 2500-3500rpm, so this is where the real and useful difference exists, I just wanted to verify the theoretical figures with cold hard facts ;)

Registered
Yeah it is hard not to use the extra power! But the past week have been keeping revs below 2500 and so far still pulls well enough but mpg has gone up from around 25. From the lights it is quite quick, probably less so through the gears compared to the diesel engine though but would be good to do a comparison though one day.

Registered
Also as you're in Greece maybe the stock air box with an aftermarket panel filter would be better - maybe it's suffering from heat soak in the engine bay in every day driving?

Registered
I have the stock 2.0 airbox with the dual inlets and the Ramair sits inside just like KN 2993, they're almost identical setups, it's just the filter material, Ramair is foam while K&N is wet gauge. I do find the Ramair a couple mm too big, it actually touches the insides of the airbox, and I do believe the K&N is overall a better filter, that's why I'm thinking about the 9289 or the 57s kit

Registered
Ah I see. Maybe it's nothing to do with the filter then. Sounds like you need a 2.3 ecoboost engine transplant!

Registered
2017 Frozen White Titanium manual 2wd 150 appearance pack, Sync 3.4

Registered
2018 Ford Kuga ST-Line 2.0 TDCi
I had a BEVO remap carried out by Adam at AMP Performance in Swansea back in October 2020 for 拢300 on my 2018 Kuga 2.0 TDCi ST-Line 2WD manual.

I can highly recommend their remap as difference in mid range ingear acceleration is incredible. My front tyres probably don't agree.

I went from factory 148bhp to 222bhp but the most important gain was the torque from 270 lb/ft to 370 lb/ft. A colossal 100 lb/ft gain. Adam said he actually got more but was careful to pair back torque slightly to ensure it was within capability of standard factory clutch.

On the road I couldn't believe it - I still can't. It's amazing to floor the accelerator in 6th on motorway and feel it pull like a train.

Diesel mpg is also slightly better but nothing special although that might be my driving style and lots of urban town driving unfortunately. The 35 mpg standard return is now 38 mpg. A small 3 mile per gallon difference. Possibly better on a long run but with pandemic, schoolrun and job I don't get to see.

One word of warning. I allowed my local Ford dealer to carry out essential software updates to my Kuga during a service in March and without knowing it they reset the ECU back to factory map settings.

I noticed immediately something wasn't right and it was the drive home from the dealership that made me realise. I thought I was back in their 1.5 diesel courtesy car. Sure enough I was back to factory ECU map.

I had to contact Adam to re-re-map for a workshop fee of 拢50. Thankfully BEVO store all customer ECU factory map and remap settings in their database for exactly this scanario.

In summary the best 拢300 (拢350) I've ever spent. The great thing is the remap can be removed without trace if necessary which was attractive to me as my Kuga was still under factory warranty when I had it done.

Registered
Well, Bluefin installed (a breeze, as usual), all went good, except the before-after is slightly underwhelming
This was my thinking after installing Bluefin on my 2018 Kuga ST-Line X 2.0 Powershift about two years ago.

So much so, I messaged Superchips after a few months of testing and mentioned the underwhelmingness of the upgrade.

It was just not noticeable at all and seemed to be the same as standard, to me at least.

The guys at Superchips kindly offered me a different map to try and after a couple of months I gave up and reverted back to stock (as going for a service anyway) but never bothered to reinstall Bluefin.

Then last week, I started thinking about giving it another go.

I got in touch with Superchips to see if I could get the original upgrade map only to find out that Superchips had gone through some bad times a while back and was now under new ownership.

Anyhow, one of the guys there said he'd check to see if there was an updated map for my Kuga and I'm just waiting for him to make it available for download.

Sorry I never chimed in before now, but I've only popped my head in KOC a few times over the last 18 months and missed the Remap thread.

When I originally purchased the Bluefin, there wasn't a proper Euro 6.2 version, but was advised that both Euro 6.0 & Euro 6.2 Kugas used the same map.

I didn't doubt what they said, but when the Euro 6.2 map was officially released a few months later the BHP figures and graphs quoted pre-purchase (which were for the Euro 6.0) were totally different for the Euro 6.2, as were the power curves.

Euro 6.0 (with 186 Stock BHP) was increased to (224bhp) and seems to peak at approx 4000 RPM
Euro 6.2 (with 182 Stock BHP) was increased to (201bhp) and seems to peak at approx 3400RPM

I can't get my head around the BHP graph for the Euro 6.2 though!

It states 26BHP increase @ 2666RPM, but looking at the graph 2666 RPM looks to be approx 170BHP or am I misreading the graph (probably)?

Also original Max BHP for the Euro 6.2 is quoted as 182bhp, so if the Remap BHP is quoted as 201BHP, that's only 19bhp difference.

EDIT:
Having studied the graph again, the quoted 26bhp & 42bhp increases appear to be the biggest increase at a particular point and an actual increase of max BHP.

Still, that's a **** of a lot less than the Euro 6.0's actual 38BHP increase.

So either something has gone awry or the gubbins added to make the Kuga Euro 6.2 has crippled the newer 2.0 diesel engine.

I've overlaid the graph from the Euro 6.0 (pinkish lines) onto the Euro 6.2 graph and you can see that both graphs are almost the same until approx 3400rpm, when the Euro 6.2 just dies off.

What would cause that to happen? Euro 6.2 gubbins or something else?

Reactions: Ade C

Registered
I had a BEVO remap carried out by Adam at AMP Performance in Swansea back in October 2020 for 拢300
Hi CKRacer76.

Would you happen to have a power band graph so us Bluefinners can compare?

Reactions: ckracer76

Registered
Well @Ripperoo it seems that in your case there is indeed a noticeable decrease in general power output, both in max values and in the curves themselves. In my case, I still don't know what it was, theoretically there was only one specific map for the 1.5EB. The problem(s) were that (a) the general power output of the engine hadn't noticeably increased, and (b) when I put the car on the dyno, there was a sharp dive of the curve at around 5000rpm (which meant zero useable power after 5000rpm). I contacted Superchips, a chap named Max, who came back with an "updated" / "newer" file (whatever that meant, didn't know himself) for me to try, which I did, and again the results were the same. He then sent me a third file, which I installed, dyno-ed and finally got the claimed (and advertised) ~200HP and ~350NM.

Thing is, I still don't feel that the car is much more powerful (although I can feel the torque rush between 2500-3500rpm), possibly because there is still something afoot at high rpms, after 5000rpm or so. I don't usually (very seldomly, actually) rev that high, but when I do, I still feel the map is just not quite right, you know ? However I have the dyno chart so at least I know that the power is there....

Reactions: Ade C
81 - 100 of 112 Posts