Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

61 - 80 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
I find the brakes on my Kuga fine. As long as you dont drive it like you stole it they should be OK. The main reason for the Bluefin for me was for overtaking and the extra torque meaning that no there is now no more need to drive over 2500/3000rpm so most of the time I keep the revs low like driving my previous diesel car. Only giving it the occasional blast now and then and it does go well for such a heavy car and a small petrol engine!

Reactions: Phil Doggo

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Well guys, seems like no more orders (for anything) from the UK, because it's even worse than ordering anything from US or China. Customs charges and import fees are really, really bad, are you sure there's an actual Brexit agreement ?!

Oh well, seems Rica is now the way to go....

·
Mr. Uses Lots of Words
4,685 Posts
Well guys, seems like no more orders (for anything) from the UK, because it's even worse than ordering anything from US or China. Customs charges and import fees are really, really bad, are you sure there's an actual Brexit agreement ?!

Oh well, seems Rica is now the way to go....
It would appear whatever the trade agreement was has nothing to do with circulation of goods or certainly free circulation of goods. Perhaps someone has failed to inform our government of all the fees that are being added to UK goods abroad. My sister lives in Austria and ordered something which normally comes within 5 working days. 3 weeks later and she is still waiting. Numerous emails between her, DPD and the seller has resulted in no news of when her goods will arrive at a considerably extra cost to the same order placed last year. Loads and loads of red tape for a bulk box of Atora. It would appear nobody in Austria or Germany has heard of Atora and she had to send pictures and a data sheet for it followed by data sheets for the ingredients themselves. You can't make dumplings without it lol. One of her friends was asked to pay 70% of the value of the goods in duty, then the delivery company asked for an invoice proving that VAT had been paid in the UK and then after paying for both goods and import duty the parcel was sent back to the UK. No goods and quite a bit of money out of pocket.

Either there are are a lot of people who have no idea what to do or the amount of paperwork required is creating bottlenecks.

Goods from China to Austria without issue. Doesn't look good for the UK.

·
Registered
2017 Frozen White Titanium manual 2wd 150 appearance pack, Sync 3.4
48 Posts
Really hoping as time goes by things will settle down and common sense will prevail, I’m sure it’s just a matter of common protocols being put in place to smooth out commerce between UK and Europe.... I bet the Chinese are rubbing their hands.... although I bet they don’t do atora!

·
Mr. Uses Lots of Words
4,685 Posts
I think for all the ex pat's scattered across Europe it will be quicker for them to drive to England and drive back home again when compared to waiting for parcels being sent by international carrier.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Well, Bluefin installed (a breeze, as usual), all went good, except the before-after is slightly underwhelming and certainly the difference is smaller than what I saw in the Fiesta. In the Fiesta (+6Kgm, +40ish HP) the difference is night and day, I went "whoah" the first time I punched it in 2nd after the remap. In the Kuga (+7Kgm, +50ish HP) I really have to search for the extra torque, although I do finally discover the increase. It is meatier in the upper revs and gathers speed much easier so I am guessing the extra HPs are there.

I did send an email to Superchips asking them to verify that my Bluefin downloaded and flashed the correct remap for my Kuga, that's how baffled I was at first. It's the weight of the car ? the power output ? the curves that are smoother in the Kuga ? don't really know, I'll wait for their confirmation and maybe put the Kuga on a dyno, just to verify that all's well...

·
Registered
358 Posts
Well, Bluefin installed (a breeze, as usual), all went good, except the before-after is slightly underwhelming and certainly the difference is smaller than what I saw in the Fiesta. In the Fiesta (+6Kgm, +40ish HP) the difference is night and day, I went "whoah" the first time I punched it in 2nd after the remap. In the Kuga (+7Kgm, +50ish HP) I really have to search for the extra torque, although I do finally discover the increase. It is meatier in the upper revs and gathers speed much easier so I am guessing the extra HPs are there.

I did send an email to Superchips asking them to verify that my Bluefin downloaded and flashed the correct remap for my Kuga, that's how baffled I was at first. It's the weight of the car ? the power output ? the curves that are smoother in the Kuga ? don't really know, I'll wait for their confirmation and maybe put the Kuga on a dyno, just to verify that all's well...
You're lucky to note an improvement albeit minimal Antony, I've decided not to reload my bluefin except when
away with the van as I don't see of notice any improvement at all.

·
Registered
68 frozen white ST line 2It diesel
6 Posts
Anyone had a remap? Who with and what was the result?
Get it remaped had my wife's 1.5 kuga done by Celtic tunning great improvement car great mpg improved greatly 40 around town also got 51mpg going to Manchester before lockdown I would recommend it to anyone

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
You're lucky to note an improvement albeit minimal Antony, I've decided not to reload my bluefin except when
away with the van as I don't see of notice any improvement at all.
I must say, because we have discussed this very issue, that I verified what I was saying about the low-down differences between stock and Rica/Superchips/Puma etc. There is hardly any noticeable difference until about 2200rpm. There is a more noticeable increase in torque and the way the car pulls after 2500rpm and until about 3500rpm (at least, that's what I felt) and certainly the car continues to pull more convincingly deeper into the redline, so the extra HPs must be there.

·
Mr. Forgetful
ST-Line Edition 2019 AWD - Petrol - Auto
1,216 Posts
Superchips should have sent you a PDF showing a comparison graph of BHP and torque, and indeed, the remap kicks in around 2000 revs and really picks up then.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
No they haven't sent anything, nor did they send this in my previous Bluefin, however the dyno charts are available on their site. I did notice that I had to pay for the "Bluefin" badge in my previous purchase, while now they sent both "Bluefin" and "Superchips" badges free of charge :D

It's not that I don't think the increase is there (although my first impression was exactly that), it's just that the power delivery is much smoother than the Fiesta's remap, it's more...factory-like, if you know what I mean.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Yes they are definitely there. I also have a K&N Panel Filter too which helps with low down torque. Not driven hard my last journey I was easily obtaining 36mpg all local driving no A or M roads which I think is pretty good. But sometimes I can't help using the extra power which does bring it down to around 30. No need to rev above 2500rpm now as the extra torque I found greatly improves the driveability which helps with the mpg figures.

·
Mr. Forgetful
1,216 Posts
You can probably get more extreme remaps, but I'd prefer something that's been tested and isn't going to kill the engine or cause any troubles.

You'll get a nice sound and a few more BHP by changing the air filter, as SiJY says - I'd recommend the K&N E-9289 (y)

Reactions: Martin1977 and SiJY

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
I also prefer it as close to stock-ish as possible, especially in our family car, my days of extreme remapping are long gone ;)

I have the Ramair double-coned foam filter, but I removed it, since I found it to be way too....snug in the stock airbox.

I know the 2993 fits just fine, how's the 9289 in the stock airbox ?

·
Mr. Forgetful
1,216 Posts
The 9289 is identical, but just has the removable end cap - I started with a 2993 and changed it for the 9289 shortly afterwards and noticed no difference in size or fitting.

·
Registered
7 Posts
this is my 3rd kuga and also had mondeo with same engine and auto box,
i used a bluespark on the mondeo and that was fantastic, but forgot to remove it when i sold it, and never bothered on two of the kugas. (mk2 with the really small screen)
ive now got a mk2.5 with built in satnav etc.
previous kugas averaged 37mpg
this one 34.6 consistent , never higher than 35.7
gave it two tanks of wurth, never really altered , then bought a bluespark cr2
a week later im averaging 42 motorway and 39 urban
not quite sure why i had such low figures in the first place , maybe all the extra electric stuff, tailgate sensors sunroof etc

·
Registered
69 plate Kuga ST line edition in Ruby Red, 2.0 AWD diesel Manual 180bhp
48 Posts
Anyone had a remap? Who with and what was the result?
I had my previous car remapped, Mondeo, it went from 163 bhp to 201bhp, torque went up by similar amount, the difference in the car was amazing, and better mph. I had mine done at SP Tuning in Burbage, £250 3 years ago.
I am thinking about having the Kuga done, as it's AWD would he still be able to run it up on the Dyno??
Mine is the 180 bhp diesel, and while it's nippy enough I am sure a remap would make it a different beast, with plenty of pull for over taking, as it's never going to be a car for taking on boy racers at the lights lol 🙂
I think I would wait until my warranty ran out too.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
I might get mine done (Bluefin) if I decide to keep the Kuga

·
Mr. Forgetful
1,216 Posts
I had my previous car remapped, Mondeo, it went from 163 bhp to 201bhp, torque went up by similar amount, the difference in the car was amazing, and better mph. I had mine done at SP Tuning in Burbage, £250 3 years ago.
I am thinking about having the Kuga done, as it's AWD would he still be able to run it up on the Dyno??
Mine is the 180 bhp diesel, and while it's nippy enough I am sure a remap would make it a different beast, with plenty of pull for over taking, as it's never going to be a car for taking on boy racers at the lights lol 🙂
I think I would wait until my warranty ran out too.
The beauty of the Bluefin is you can change it back and forth yourself within minutes (y) :)

Reactions: Ross J and Ade C

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Well, after about three weeks, due to various delays, Kuga is remaped with the Bluefin/Superchips. Took more than 10 days to reach my hands (turns out customs were just VAT plus DHL's pricey fee) and for the past two weeks we've been trying to find a proper tune, since the first one didn't sit right neither with the car nor with me. A couple of remaps and dyno sessions later, engine is now outputing 200ish HP and 345Nm (a bit high, but OK). AFR is a bit rich, sitting at about 11.4 at wot, so no worries for the engine, just my wallet :)

.....and still doesn't feel properly fast, probably due to the weight and the "moving kiosk" aerodynamics of the Kuga :D I reckon the Fiesta can still run circles around the Kuga with its 150HP and 230Nm, but it is also about half a ton lighter, so that might have something to do with this ;)

61 - 80 of 112 Posts