Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

Registered
2014, kuga titainium, 2l duratorq, AWD,deep impact blue.
I think speed and the extra power you get with a remap is great if you really think you need it, but I'm a little bit longer in the tooth and go for the leisurely drive now , and just arrive a little later and less stressed.
Lol,long in the tooth. I'm 62 and still enjoy driving not being THAT Sunday driver

Registered
Don't get me wrong mate, I'm 67 and still like to drive at a reasonable speed, but I don't get stressed anymore about people going past me at warp factor speed. 馃榿

Registered
I don't care if anyone passes me but what I don't like is people who won't wait. Interesting topic at present are motorways, dual carriageways which have a lane shut ahead. I read the signs and at 800 yards is a point where you should be starting to pull in but according to the latest guidelines, we now have this word called "merge" which means it is perfectly ok for someone to drive right to the end and then pull in at the last minute. Whoever came up with this idea obviously drives a German car or a large 4 X 4. I am being the truck drivers who stop the guys trying to beat the queue.

Registered
Yes i have the Bluefin. On my 2nd Bluefin now having previously had one on my 2.2 TDCi S-Max. Briliiant and highly recommended. It actaully makes you drive slower because of the extra torque it gives you from 1000rpm on the diesel and 1500 on the petrol. I change gear now around 2000rpm (2500rpm max) as no need to go much higher as it's rapid enough TBH. Better mpg too - my petrol never goes lower than 30mpg around town stop and start so the diesel will be even more. Highly recommended. I remap all my cars since my Focus ST 2.5 in 2006 - Dreanscience remap 270bhp!
The Bluefin though enables you to return to standard at Service / MOT time though my S-Max easily passed it with the Bluefin on and also a anti-theft option by immobilising the car at the ECU level.

Reactions: murcod and Ross J

Registered
Hello,

just my opinion, i think the best engine tunne up if u want its the box chip-tunning as it is letting u to handle the upgrade without touching the original ECU made by Ford!! and also u can uplug the chip if u dont like the outcome!

Registered
I had mines remapped by Collins (stage1).

The car went from 200bhp (standard) to 270bhp. made an enormous difference to the cars driving and overtaking abilities.

Registered
[ Phil ]
I'd question your brakes being up to the job too - probably will be, but maybe worth popping the question to the garage as that's a considerable increase.

I'd check with your insurers, regarding the modification too.

Saying that, if you do get it done, let us know the result :p

Registered
I had mines remapped by Collins (stage1).

The car went from 200bhp (standard) to 270bhp. made an enormous difference to the cars driving and overtaking abilities.
I was considering getting a MK1 Kuga with the 2.5T in order to remap it, but ended up getting the CX7 with the 2.3T, which was faster than the Kuga in stock form and way faster after being remapped (from 260 to close to 320).

However, like DogDeluxe mentioned, I also upgraded the brakes to EBC everything and all around, since the CX7 became rather fast and desperately needed some serious stopping powahhh :D

Registered
I was considering getting a MK1 Kuga with the 2.5T in order to remap it, but ended up getting the CX7 with the 2.3T, which was faster than the Kuga in stock form and way faster after being remapped (from 260 to close to 320).

However, like DogDeluxe mentioned, I also upgraded the brakes to EBC everything and all around, since the CX7 became rather fast and desperately needed some serious stopping powahhh :D
I REALLY liked the CX7 myself....I still like the 3 MPS too!
The choice between the Kuga and the Mazda boiled down (for me) to the perveance of both parts + owner experience due to the commonality of the focus St.. LOTS of owners out there to offer guidance etc.
I've had the car 2.5years now .... its been really great, maybe time for a change!

Registered
Kuga Titanium X, 2013, Frozen white.
I鈥檇 be more worried about re mapping the Volvo 2.5t found in the Kuga, as they were down tuned to 200bhp, as opposed to its usual 225bhp guise found in the focus, the reason being, the transmission and drive train aren鈥檛 very strong, that is why it was down tuned from the factory.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts