Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone had a remap? Who with and what was the result?

Registered
There are a few on here who have remapped their kuga,with bluefin (superchips),,Celtic tuning,Quantum tuning etc,,if you do a search you will find the posts.

Ross

Registered
Ive just had a quote for a mapping from Celtic tuning and im amazed at the gain they are suggesting i would get. My kuga is currently a 150bhp version and after being mapped ( if i go down this route ) it would be 211bhp....thats a gain of 61 horsies!! neigh neigh ....even their quoted price wasnt as scary as i thought it might be and it was definitely cheaper than Bluefin ....lets just say im definitely considering doing this.

Registered
I think with 211 bhp on tap I would want to do something with the suspension as handling of the kuga is not one of its better features with too much body roll.

Registered
I'm of the opinion if it needed more horse's it would have come with them under the bonnet in the first place.

The Kuga is just fine as it is in my hands. 馃お

Registered
I fully understand where you are coming from but im not wanting the extra bhp to go harder into the corners , more so for a safer overtaking opportunity also i believe when used properly the extra horsies can ( once youve stopped grinning at the lift on tap ) save you some mpg, i hope to keep the car for a reasonable period of time so the initial cost could be offset by claimed savings.

Registered
Just done a research for mine which is a 180 2.TDCI 2017 titanium
Celtic tuning- 211bhp-torque 363 Didn鈥檛 ask price
bluefin -219bhp-torque 473 拢399 (Do it yourself with their hand held device and take off)
quantum tuning- 200bhp-torque 450 拢399

not that I want to have it done,just curious

Ross

Registered
Hi Happyarry I just recently got rid of another breed of suv which did have 245bhp on tap and it was a fun vehicle to say the least. I dont want to go into the reason why i had to get rid of it quick sharp but I did and I test drove a few kugas before settling on my 2017 kuga titanium . I know that the 150bhp is more than sufficient but for a shade under 拢300 i could be very content knowing i have the extra bhp should i need it. I know it sounds frivolous but my car and motorcycle are my toys and i do love a tinker!! Cheers Martin

Registered
I'm of the opinion if it needed more horse's it would have come with them under the bonnet in the first place.

The Kuga is just fine as it is in my hands. 馃お

All very good and well but if one is silly enough ( like me ) to believe Ford's claim regarding
towing capability then one has little choice but to remap .

Registered
68 frozen white ST line 2It diesel
I had my ST line 2It diesel females by Celtic running stage one 211BHP 363 lb/ft it drives great touch the throttle and it's away good mpg 44 to 47 around town and getting 58 on a long run. Go and get it done you will enjoy it

Registered
I had my ST line 2It diesel females by Celtic running stage one 211BHP 363 lb/ft it drives great touch the throttle and it's away good mpg 44 to 47 around town and getting 58 on a long run. Go and get it done you will enjoy it
Thats the kind of post brings a smile to my face 馃槃

Registered
Discussion Starter #13
These are around the figures I鈥檝e been quoted, mines 150bhp, the gains I鈥檓 looking at are 200-210bhp and 450-470nm torque for not too much money 拢250-拢350... definitely getting mine mapped

Registered
2014, kuga titainium, 2l duratorq, AWD,deep impact blue.
hi all, I just had my 64 plate titainium kuga 2l duratorq remapped at celtic tuning newquay cornwall. Its a differant car power up from 170.7 HP to 196.0 HP, torque from 280.2 lb/ft to 322.4lb/ft, the overtaking potential has vastly improved , with the often lead foot i have. mpl has improved when not lead footing it, from average 8.3mpl to 9.8mpl, almost 80 miles more per tank full. i am impressed. 拢300 set up on rolling road. P.S. as mine was set up on a rolling road the power figures are at the road wheel not the flywheel, so all drivetrain power sapping has been accounted for, unlike plug and play which can only give you estimated flywheel figure.

Registered
hi all, I just had my 64 plate titainium kuga 2l duratorq remapped at celtic tuning newquay cornwall. Its a differant car power up from 170.7 HP to 196.0 HP, torque from 280.2 lb/ft to 322.4lb/ft, the overtaking potential has vastly improved , with the often lead foot i have. mpl has improved when not lead footing it, from average 8.3mpl to 9.8mpl, almost 80 miles more per tank full. i am impressed. 拢300 set up on rolling road.
Thats encouraging to hear 馃憘

Registered
If was going to get mine done it would be the bluefin as you can take it off if you need to take it in for a service under warranty .

Ross

Registered
@SiJY has had his remapped with bluefin

Ross

Registered
I think speed and the extra power you get with a remap is great if you really think you need it, but I'm a little bit longer in the tooth and go for the leisurely drive now , and just arrive a little later and less stressed.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts