Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anyone else hd auto transmission problems?

20K views 20 replies 11 participants last post by  Ross J 
#1 ·
Hi
Had my Ford Kuga 2.0 TDCI 163 Titanium X 5dr Powershift 2014 for 5 years
Love it and had no probs till recently.
started to drop out of gear with an on screen message 'transmission malfunction'. car then free wheels to a stop. By turning off the engine and back on again the problem disappears. Happened several times. Taken car to dealers they can't find a problem. Scared this will happen on the outside lane of a busy motorway. So far when its happened been able to safely pull in to side of road. Tends to happen within 10-15 mins of driving. Anyone else had same problem?

Love my kuga - thinking of going for a manual do these have any serious problems?
Help appreciated as thinking of changing this week

#2 ·
If you do a search for keithmac on here you will find all you need to know about the problems with the powershift gearbox.

#4 ·
Love my kuga - thinking of going for a manual do these have any serious problems?
Look for the posts as mentioned above. Perhaps the dealer who can't find any problems would like to trade it in for you!?

The manual trans would definitely be the better choice and should be problem free (unless someone's abused the clutch.)

#5 ·
Thanks for your comments, have just picked a 2019 Ford Kuga 2.0TDCi 150ps TITANIUM EDITION 5dr... being delivered to the dealership to view Wednesday,,, can't wait.

Reactions: murcod and NigelB
#6 ·
That is probably the best thing to do with a ford with a powershift gearbox that has started playing up......part exchange it, preferably to a ford dealer.

#8 ·
Hi
started to drop out of gear with an on screen message 'transmission malfunction'. car then free wheels to a stop. By turning off the engine and back on again the problem disappears. Happened several times. Taken car to dealers they can't find a problem. Scared this will happen on the outside lane of a busy motorway. So far when its happened been able to safely pull in to side of road. Tends to happen within 10-15 mins of driving. Anyone else had same problem?

How many miles has your Kuga done mine has done 36,000 miles and is fine but I have been thinking of changing

#14 ·
Hi

Hi we have same problem during the warranty period they change my transmission a new one. but after 40k of traveling, I have encounter same problem. ford Australia said they cannot give me a new transmission bec. out of warranty already. I told them since I bought my ford kuga its only 90,000 km.
so ford is not good quality of vehicle.

#17 ·
Welcome to the forum Lban, the first thing is to find someone with a code reader and find what the codes are that are being generated.
Is the Kuga AWD?

#19 ·
HI also have same problem this is my second
Clutch replaced in 11 months and 9200 mile done seen first replacement luckily I had 12 month warranty or else would have to pay again what a joke ford first ford and last
Better off with the German made car or italian alfa romeo at least you know the alfa is going to break down im going back to my alfa ford 💩 stick to your salesmen cars
Sorry ford like heated screen that is it

#20 ·
HI also have same problem this is my second
Clutch replaced in 11 months and 9200 mile done seen first replacement luckily I had 12 month warranty or else would have to pay again what a joke ford first ford and last
Better off with the German made car or italian alfa romeo at least you know the alfa is going to break down im going back to my alfa ford 💩 stick to your salesmen cars
Sorry ford like heated screen that is it
The gearbox was problematic up to 2014 with the 163 engine. Ford changed the gearbox from 2015 onwards with the 180 engines.

I have said many times now, DO NOT buy a ford powershift up to 2014. If you have one, first sign of trouble then get rid of it.

Reactions: NigelB
#21 ·
@luigicannella1970 pop your Kuga details into your signature as requested by your welcome PM👍

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.