1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
Had my Ford Kuga 2.0 TDCI 163 Titanium X 5dr Powershift 2014 for 5 years
Love it and had no probs till recently.
started to drop out of gear with an on screen message 'transmission malfunction'. car then free wheels to a stop. By turning off the engine and back on again the problem disappears. Happened several times. Taken car to dealers they can't find a problem. Scared this will happen on the outside lane of a busy motorway. So far when its happened been able to safely pull in to side of road. Tends to happen within 10-15 mins of driving. Anyone else had same problem?

Love my kuga - thinking of going for a manual do these have any serious problems?
Help appreciated as thinking of changing this week

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Love my kuga - thinking of going for a manual do these have any serious problems?
Look for the posts as mentioned above. Perhaps the dealer who can't find any problems would like to trade it in for you!?

The manual trans would definitely be the better choice and should be problem free (unless someone's abused the clutch.)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your comments, have just picked a 2019 Ford Kuga 2.0TDCi 150ps TITANIUM EDITION 5dr... being delivered to the dealership to view Wednesday,,, can't wait.

·
Registered
860 Posts
That is probably the best thing to do with a ford with a powershift gearbox that has started playing up......part exchange it, preferably to a ford dealer.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Hi
Had my Ford Kuga 2.0 TDCI 163 Titanium X 5dr Powershift 2014 for 5 years
Love it and had no probs till recently.
started to drop out of gear with an on screen message 'transmission malfunction'. car then free wheels to a stop. By turning off the engine and back on again the problem disappears. Happened several times. Taken car to dealers they can't find a problem. Scared this will happen on the outside lane of a busy motorway. So far when its happened been able to safely pull in to side of road. Tends to happen within 10-15 mins of driving. Anyone else had same problem?

How many miles has your Kuga done mine has done 36,000 miles and is fine but I have been thinking of changing

·
Registered
271 Posts
Mine has done 44k I had the auto box oil and filter changed at 38k no probs so far. (Touching a lot of wood)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It has done 52,600 miles, it's a shame as it has been a wonderful car.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Same here, that's why I have gone for a manual version, love the car, scared of the automatic gearbox.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts