Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm a returning newbie. I had a Mk1 a few years ago and am nw in the process of buying an AWD Titanium X Sport in Ruby Red, Mk2 version. Any comments, hints and tips would be most welcome. The old car was an excellent bit of kit so I'm looking forward to this next venture. What a shame they got rid of that split tailgate though, that was really useful.
I've got a set of winter wheels and tyres left over from the Mk1 which I shall put on as soon as I can after I've picked up the car (1/2). I opted for 16" steel rims with higher profile tyres so that the circumference is the same. Anybody out there know of any changes between the Mk1 and Mk2 in relation to inset/outset of the rims? The Ford dealer Im buying from seems to think all will be well.

Thanks in advance, ChestyMorgan

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Not knowing the year of the Kuga you're buying it's useful to know 16" wheels won't fit the Kuga with the electric handbrake, you need 17" to clear the callipers.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, Rob. It's a '66 plate car with a manual handbrake sp fingers crossed. At least I know what to look for when I fit them

1 - 5 of 5 Posts