Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I have just purchased a 2015 Kuga with which we are pleased. However one small problem is a bit disconcerting. One of the lights at the bottom of the front of the vehicle does not work & the local Ford garage wanted £140 + VAT to change the light bulb. Any suggestions?

·
Super Moderator and Mr Grumpy
9,693 Posts
Is that from the same garage you bought the car from.

·
Super Moderator and Mr Grumpy
9,693 Posts
No. The nearby dealer where we bought it also would have charged a similar amount as he said it wasn't on the guarantee.
How long ago was recently bought.

I am sure one of our guys will be along shortly to tell you how it comes out as I have never had to replace a bulb on mine. I assume it's one of the DRL lights.

·
Administrator
Ford Kuga 2013 Titanium X
3,407 Posts
The bottom light, I'm taking as the ones inside the bumper. Especially at the price quoted to change it because it is a pig of a job.

It won't be a DRL either way, if it has LED DRL ie; Tit X or above then the lights in the bottom are fog and indicator. If it doesn't have LED DRL then the DRL is the same bulb as the Main Beam a H15. then the sidelight is in the bumper along with the indicator and fog.

Reactions: smartguy69

·
Registered
15 Posts
On my 2018 STx I found a hole in the lamp surround, which i hooked something similar to a coat hanger hook and pulled carefully. The surround came away safely exposing the indicator/fog unit and its mounting bolts. quick job to release the unit, replace the bulbs and reassemble. Job took around 30 minutes for both sides. I don't know if your car will be the same but definately worth a look. I have circled the hole I used to pull the cover off in red
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Sky

·
Registered
2013 Titanium X with 2017 Powershift Conversion.
2,233 Posts
I think the pre facelift MK2 you have to go in from the back, end of the day taking the bumper off isn't that big of a job.

Take wheel well out and have a look at what access you have, wottl be a lot quicker next time round as well so worth learning how to change it imho.

·
Registered
986 Posts
My wife and I have just purchased a 2015 Kuga with which we are pleased. However one small problem is a bit disconcerting. One of the lights at the bottom of the front of the vehicle does not work & the local Ford garage wanted £140 + VAT to change the light bulb. Any suggestions?
Just to confirm you are not talking about the cornering lights which only work on the side you are turning towards ?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts