Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

41 - 60 of 182 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sorry, I can’t help but had wondered why that area was like that, maybe to stick the rear view mirror to.

I’d guess you’d have to put it that area. Does the heating element go all the way through. Thought it was more like two squares set in the glass with a thin gap in between and on the edges, of course they could have changed it.
Unfortunately they changed that..

·
Super Moderator
561 Posts
If you look really close up (maybe with a magnifying glass) you will be able to see the element. See if that sort of area doesn't have the elements

·
Registered
88 Posts
Are there any kugonians that have the latest 2020 model that can share their experiences on this forum?

Would be nice for a good read on the new model from an actual owner, rather than other sites.

Just wondered and if there is, get ✍ writing and share with us all!
Collected my Mark 3 2020my Kuga last Friday. Spec is ST line x first edition auto AWD 2.0 litre Ecoblue TDCI frozen white with drivers assistance and technology packs. Very pleased with the car, the styling reminds me of a Porsche Cayenne. The black glass roof with the panoramic sunroof blends very nice with the white body work. The height is lower than the existing Mark 2 but wider in width giving more room inside the cabin space.
The SYNC3 system is updated to version 3.4 and satnav is F8. The trim and materials and layout inside are a big improvement from the Mark 2. The 19 inch wheels make it look sporty , the only regret i have is that i did not order a spare wheel ! got one of those tyre inflation kits instead. Still in the process of going through all of the settings to set up all of the drivers safety aids and new features. The only thing i cannot do is setup Ford Pass from my iPhone to the SYNC3 as it says i must use a USB lead/connector from my phone, but my iPhone does not have a USB port.
I would put some photos on the website but i do not know how to do it, so i would appreciate any tips or advice on that matter.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Sounding good.
So your I phone charging led has the usb end that you push into the cars usb and that should help you start the link.
To put a photo on make sure you’ve got the photos on your iPhone, then when in the message area of the forum, touch the paper clip, just right on the T. It will then open your phones photo library, select the one you want and either do thumbnail of full photo, I use the latter and the post.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Snoeper, I can’t see from that photo. You’ll have to have a look, the elements should be easy to see. Just thinking about it, it would make sense for them to go all the way up to clear the view for the forward looking cameras etc.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
If you look really close up (maybe with a magnifying glass) you will be able to see the element. See if that sort of area doesn't have the elements
I can see the elements on mine when I'm driving. Not bad for someone who needs reading glasses but then that could be the reason why I can see them. Can be a bit off putting at times and when you switch the heated screen on it makes what you are looking at slightly distorted.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Snoeper, I can’t see from that photo. You’ll have to have a look, the elements should be easy to see.
I can see the elements on mine when I'm driving.
As I drive along, especially going round corners, on a sunny day, my windscreen sparkles, and you can definitely see the Heated Window elements embedded in the glass.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
@snoeper is meaning that the surround on the rearview mirror is exactly where he has to mount his active tag to the windscreen.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
He’s on about the black spotted textured part isn’t he. The but where the dash cam would look good but refuses to stay put with the suction cup. That’s how I read it, not on the rear view mirror itself.

·
Registered
10 Posts
New Kuga user here, having swapped from a 2015 Qashqai.

Received my ST Line X First Edition PHEV (Lucid Red) at the weekend, having only ordered it a few weeks ago when they reopened from lockdown. Fortunately the dealer had one down in Southampton they were expecting to be delivered any day.

First impressions.

Positives
  • More internal space than the Qashqai. Having no gear stick really frees up some space (it's the first automatic I've driven).
  • Seats are very comfortable.
  • Lucid Red. Amazing. We've had a few comments on how good the car looks.
  • EV - we did a 68 mile trip after a full charge. A mixture of dual carriageway and country roads. About 46 was on electric. Helped by the regeneration on the journey. A 24m trip this morning, from full charge, included 19 on electric. With 16m still left in the batteries. We should see a considerable drop in visits to the petrol stations.
  • A nice kick of acceleration from the combined engines.
  • The sound. Or lack of it. Its very quiet, even when the petrol engine kicks in.
  • The Ford Pass app. Being able to see stats on my phone. Would like to see more from this app over time.
  • Lane steering assist is subtle hint you're drifting out of Lane.
Not so greats.
  • Sync 3. For a car of this price you'd expect the in car software to be better. It is 2020 and people have been use to smartphone responsiveness and resolutions for a while
  • The Ford Pass app. Needs some work to improve
  • Unable to add profiles to the car, based on the key used, to track drivers trips and driving scores independently. Given these scores are available in an app, seems an oversight to miss this. Especially when MyKey is a feature.
  • ending a journey, when the trip summary is displayed. And the engine turned off. Its overplayed with setting the Alarm System. I've yet to figure out how to dismiss the selected alarm system to view the summary.
I've yet to try out the parking assist. I never used it on the Qashqai because it was so fiddly. But it sounds like it's easier to use in the Kuga.

Looking forward to trying the adaptive cruise control when I get onto a motorway.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Very nice and thanks.
The alarm in the Kuga (previous one) could be set in the driver settings, if it’s the same kind of thing.
On old model, click left arrow on steering wheel, bottom arrow to scroll down the alarm or it may be under car, right arrow (still on left side of steering wheel) and then select and press centre ok to confirm your desired request. Full arm, partial, ask on shutdown.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Very nice and thanks.
The alarm in the Kuga (previous one) could be set in the driver settings, if it’s the same kind of thing.
On old model, click left arrow on steering wheel, bottom arrow to scroll down the alarm or it may be under car, right arrow (still on left side of steering wheel) and then select and press centre ok to confirm your desired request. Full arm, partial, ask on shutdown.
Thanks. I'll check that tonight when the wife gets home.

It must be on "ask on shutdown", something that will be useful having kids. But pressing "OK" once selected doesn't dismiss the option. It's my main niggle.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
That’s right, you have to change it the main settings menu then it won’t come on.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
new PHEV owners, how much is the road tax for the first year and the following years please?

·
Super Moderator
1,960 Posts
Ist Year £0, 2nd year £140, If you break the £40k barrier by loading ** it then it's £325 and £465.

**Vignale with a towbar and sunroof.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Just received mine. ST Line X in chrome blue. First impressions are positive. I’m having trouble accessing the interior fuse box to fit a dash cam. I can’t seem to remove it. I’m visiting the dealer Tuesday to have mud flaps fitted etc. So I’ll be asking him to show me lol.
Update on the fuse box. Visited my dealer today for the fitting of front rear mudflaps, the Ford performance number plate holder and rear rubber mats and boot liner. So while I was there I asked the mechanic to show me how to remove it.
There are 2 round clips immediately under the glove box housing, take these out and the top part of the trim is now free of the dashboard. The fuse box cover is then held on by two plastic inserts on each side of the cover and a further insert in the bottom middle of the cover. So gentle prise these upwards to remove the bottom half of the fuse box cover. There are two further plastic inserts at the top of the cover that attaches to the trim part with the two round clips.
Gently pull these out and you are left with two pieces of trim. Refitting is a reversal of the above.
Be very careful with the top lugs because too much pulling and their going to snap off.

·
Registered
2020, mk3 Ford kuga
594 Posts
First stupid issue found.

When you set the PHEV car into EV ONLY mode, your front panel tells you to press OK , as info. BUT , if you are too slow the main screen is now set to a EV ONLY position, and in the middle of your front panel, it tells you, press OK to use regular engine.

So, if you hit OK too late , it will never go into EV mode, since the next screen is waiting for the same OK to change into regular engine mode.

Kind of foolish to keep two OK with different function, and the fact it can happen you can hit OK too late, and engine shifts to regular.

A lot of small things to learn and get a little annoyed by.

41 - 60 of 182 Posts