Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

281 - 300 of 300 Posts

·
Banned
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #281
Ooh matron! I resemble that remark. Infamy, infamy, they’ve all got it, infamy.

I was talking to an old contact in Humberside constabulary and he related that Hull in particular had an issues with speeders in quite villages and they were usually Ford Drivers.

Seriously, when we were tasked to do speed checks that had come from a petition to a councillor and then the Sgt tasked us, the majority of those caught speeding were locals.
What a load of numpties!

·
Registered
574 Posts
First speeding ticket I ever got was from a "Black Rat", well to be precise there was 2 of the buggers ( motorcycle Police).
Was driving down the A406 (North Circular) around Wembley when all of a sudden from out of nowhere ( I think they were sitting on the A5 flyover watching over A406 ) in my rear view mirror them dreaded "Blue lights and a quick whoop whoop".................................PULL OVER STIRLING.
I think at the time it was an SP40, think at the time was doing about 43-45mph in my brand new sierra sapphire company car.

·
Banned
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #283
I never subscribed to that margin....mine was a minimum of 50% over for a ticket. 45/30 etc. Thought that was fair......of course the attitude test sometimes came into play

·
Banned
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #284
I drove over to Trust Ford, Barnsley this morning. They had almost every derivative of the new Kuga in stock. I was allowed to fumble about in a new ST line and I decided I didn’t like it. It just is too bland for me, l like the funky curves on the 2.5mk. They did show me a Vignale model that was nice and light inside but it was nearly 40k!

There are lots of other dealers close by, Toyota, Vauxhall, Nissan and Peugeot. I had a walk around but there are some serious booboo designs. We’ve all got our own taste, but I wasn’t struck with any of them and the Mazda CX-5, well it looked awful. So much so I didn’t even look inside. My own opinion of course.

·
Super Moderator
2,040 Posts
Starting to look round at the moment and down to a shortlist of four
Grandland
Ateca
Niro hybrid
Kuga

·
Super Moderator
598 Posts
Well, when I get to change, I don't give a stuff what it looks like, but what's its towing capacity?

·
Super Moderator
2,040 Posts
I don't tow and I really don't care about looks. Does it start reliably (almost a gimme nowadays) and are the seats really comfy on along run?

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Ooh matron! I resemble that remark. Infamy, infamy, they’ve all got it, infamy.

I was talking to an old contact in Humberside constabulary and he related that Hull in particular had an issues with speeders in quite villages and they were usually Ford Drivers.

Seriously, when we were tasked to do speed checks that had come from a petition to a councillor and then the Sgt tasked us, the majority of those caught speeding were locals.
What a load of numpties!
I did have you in mind when I wrote it.

The speeding is so bad where I live there is a local committee which includes traffic, parking, abuse of 7.5t limit etc. We out forward some proposal to ERYC all of which seems to have had zero interest. Looks like a few people will have to get killed first before the council will think about traffic calming.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Ignore the outside looks and take a CX-5 for a test drive. You will find it nice and if not I will send you some bottles with red stuff inside. I guarantee it will be better finished off than a ford. Being Japanese though it could be a bit boring inside.

·
Banned
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #290
Just test drove a neighbours and don’t like it, Shiraz or Cabernet Sauvignon. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Just test drove a neighbours and don’t like it, Shiraz or Cabernet Sauvignon. Thanks.
Have you thought about a Jeep. You could look at it and try and figure out why it has square wheel arches when most other cars are round. It may keep you amused for a while. Perhaps jeep where trying to reinvent the wheel, then realised it didn't work but they had already ordered the wheel arches. Same designer moved from Jeep allegedly in early 2005 to design a load cover for the Kuga.

·
Banned
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #293
I do believe dear boy, you’ve read my post wrong, YOU owe me vin rouge. Although I’ve been a naughty yarkshire lad and gulp one of my fave tipples, bought by my daughter, PORT.

·
Banned
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #294
Well, the square wheel arch, if my car history serves me right, is all to do with wheel travel.
When a wheel is forced into a movement over, let’s say a kerb, the tendency is for the wheel to move up at a 45 degree angle ODA (OBLIQUE DISPLACMENT ANGLE). so the arches reflected this strategy. Yes there isn’t that much movement, but when the approach speed is too much, this compounds the “ideal angle /speed” and is multiplied several times. So the corners allow this extreme movement and the Americans love extreme!

It also became something of a novelty and was eventually adopted into the Jeep psyche.

There, put that in you pipe and smoke it, lol......where’s my wine?

Reactions: smartguy69

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
There, put that in you pipe and smoke it, lol......where’s my wine?
[/QUOTE]

In the post.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Are there any kugonians that have the latest 2020 model that can share their experiences on this forum?

Would be nice for a good read on the new model from an actual owner, rather than other sites.

Just wondered and if there is, get ✍ writing and share with us all!
I ordered an ST Line X 1st Edition in April - brave decision since I hadn't seen one nor driven it!
I had a test drive last week once the dealer had a demonstrator... OMG! - it is amazing!
I haven't had a Ford since the 80s (ok - I'm old) having been dissapointed by their very bland styling, but the Kuga looked good and I wanted a PHEV. Currently driving an 08 Honda CRV.
Impressed by the super quiet ride, tech is just fabulous.
Very easy to break the speed limit! - it's just so quiet.
Not wild about the look of the front and the rear luggage cover is very flimsy.
Expecting delivery in early September, so I'll add more thoughts then.

·
Banned
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #297
Nice to see the posts on the new model Kuga , steadily appearing and many thanks to those that take the time share their experiences.
The ST appears to be to be the choice of most buyers. I suppose that’s down to having the right amount of kit for what seems to be a decent price, compared to the more expensive Vignale variant. Having seen a Vignale, it was the one that I would go for, just because it has a lighter coloured roof liner and therefore make the Interior lighter and easier on the eye, but not the wallet. My opinion of course.

Oddly still haven’t seen one on the roads yet

Since it’s launch and I guess like others, it’s made me look at what other offerings are available.

The other day, I dropped into Burrows of Barnsley, the Toyota dealer. There on the forecourt was a gorgeous blue RAV4. 19 plate, 8k on the clock at £28k. So I had a look around it and was told it was the self charging and was the mid range model. I was kind of taken by the sharp angled angry downbeat “stormtrooper “ look but the interior was mah, ok I guess. It’s been around for a while now that model, so I can see why a lot are opting for the new from the ground up Kuga.

Anyway, enjoy your motoring and will someone please use a full tank of fuel and post what total miles they got, even if they charged it up many many times. Or just any post on what a mixture has yielded.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Are there any kugonians that have the latest 2020 model that can share their experiences on this forum?

Would be nice for a good read on the new model from an actual owner, rather than other sites.

I bought a new Kuga ST line 1st edition five weeks ago from Heartwell Ford in Hemel Hempstead in this time I have had five flat batteries had to call the AA out to jumpstart me the car is been back to the dealer twice for diagnostic and software updates they’ve also done to record on the carAnd I’m still getting flat batteries not impressed load of rubbish

·
Banned
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #299
I bet your not, think I’d be on the brink of a meltdown and trying to hand it back!

·
Super Moderator
598 Posts
I've seen a load of Mk 3's this week, possibly 6 or 8? Can be confused with the new Puma, unless you read the back.

281 - 300 of 300 Posts